Pentair Valves & Controls launches new pilot-operated pressure relief valve for high temperature environments
The latest pressure relief valve from the Anderson Greenwood portfolio provides stable performance levels in steam and hot or flashing water, offering plant operators effective boiler protection in overpressure situations. As a modulating pilot-operated valve, the 5200 will only open in proportion to the overpressure, eliminating valve chatter when exposed to water or water flashing into steam. At the same time the new valve boasts a full nozzle design and metal main valve seat, allowing it to withstand higher temperatures up to 1000°F/538°C. As a result, the valve achieves maximum tightness during the critical start-up processes and after relief cycles, allowing the system to operate closer to set pressure without valve leakage.
This not only reduces maintenance frequency and costly shutdowns, but also increases production capacity, allowing operators to increase overall system output. The 5200 can easily be installed to replace existing spring loaded valves and only requires a single adjustment for set pressure changes.
“The 5200 is a unique innovation that provides our power and boiler customers with the reassurance they need to meet code requirements and higher temperatures, while having a reliable product that reduces the chance of leakage during critical applications”, said Cliff Marsh, Global Product Manager, Pilot Operated Pressure Relief Valves, Pentair Valves & Controls. “The 5200 was designed specifically for HRSG boiler economizer applications and meets the severe service demands of both steam and water. It is another example of our broad portfolio of customizable valves and controls products that customers rely on to meet the most critical safety needs in the power industry.”
Anderson Greenwood and Crosby are the world’s premier manufacturers of high performance safety valves. The 5200 is an addition to the brands wide range of piloted-operated relief valve products, which also includes the Series 5100, the first non-flowing, modulating pilotoperated pressure relief valve that became certified under ASME Section I.
Pentair Valves & Controls
(Anderson Greenwood Crosby)
Tel: 01858 467 281
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 24
- New Tyco 5100 Series Tyco Flow Control Introduces New Series 5100 Pilot-Operated Pressure Relief Valve
- The fuel of the future - Coal?
- Pressure regulators developed for subsea use Pressure Tech
- Barakah Contract Win for Pentair Valves & Controls
- Econosto UK show Taylor Safety Relief Valves at Offshore Europe
- Flowstar's New Seawater and Stainless Steel Reducing Valves
- Flowstar Now Carry £500k of Nabic with Online Visibility of Stock
- Emerson Introduces Wirelessly-Monitored Storage Tank Safety Valves
- NABIC – Offers a Comprehensive Range of Safety & Control Valves
- Leengate Valves Welcomes New Products from ZETKAMA