Emerson Introduces Wirelessly-Monitored Storage Tank Safety Valves
Emerson Process Management has introduced the Enardo 850/950 series of wirelessly-monitored pressure vacuum relief valves (PVRVs) that provide safety and emissions control by managing the pressure in storage tanks in the oil and gas, chemical, petrochemical and pharmaceutical industries.
The pressure in storage tanks fluctuates due to changes in temperature, liquid level, or both. A PVRV opens and closes in response to these pressure fluctuations to ensure that safe pressure levels are maintained. However, because these PVRVs are located on the top of storage tanks, they are difficult to monitor.
Site managers are increasingly looking for ways to increase safety and efficiencies. Emerson’s new wireless solution enables immediate response to prevent problems related to safety, emissions, and the quality of a tank’s content.
“Until now, PVRVs have remained unmonitored, with no feedback loops commonly seen in other pressure control devices. As the tank’s primary pressure control device, this wirelessly-monitored solution can be invaluable,” said Steve Attri, product manager for Emerson Process Management.
Tel: +44 (0)870 240 1978
Fax: +44 (0)870 240 4389
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 37
- New Tyco 5100 Series Tyco Flow Control Introduces New Series 5100 Pilot-Operated Pressure Relief Valve
- The fuel of the future - Coal?
- Pressure regulators developed for subsea use Pressure Tech
- Pentair Valves & Controls launches new pilot-operated pressure relief valve for high temperature environments
- Barakah Contract Win for Pentair Valves & Controls
- Econosto UK show Taylor Safety Relief Valves at Offshore Europe
- Flowstar's New Seawater and Stainless Steel Reducing Valves
- Flowstar Now Carry £500k of Nabic with Online Visibility of Stock
- NABIC – Offers a Comprehensive Range of Safety & Control Valves
- Leengate Valves Welcomes New Products from ZETKAMA