Rotork Electronic Line Break (ELB) Combines Pipeline Pressure Monitoring with Intelligent Valve Control
Designed for use in the oil and gas industries, the Rotork ELB is a robust, self-contained instrument that combines pipeline pressure monitoring with intelligent valve control. The ELB can also collect detailed operational data for optimising performance and enhancing pipeline safety.
The ELB continuously monitors upstream and downstream pipeline pressure dynamics to provide early detection of pipeline breaks and initiate automatic valve actuator movement to an emergency position, based on user-defined parameters. Valve actuator control - selectable as fail close, fail open or stay put - is based on rate-of-drop (RoD) and rate-of-rise (RoR) as well as high and low pressure limits. A remote process shut down (PSD) input with the option to override all functions is also available to drive the valve to the fail position.
The ELB also provides an array of programmable alarm and alert indications and has an extensive range of features that can be configured to meet end users’ specific requirements. These include up to six remote inputs and four configurable solenoid outputs, partial stroke testing (PST) and Modbus® network connectivity.
The ELB is housed in a compact, environmentally sealed and explosionproof housing that can be mounted on the actuator or remotely. Setting menus displayed on the large HMI window are the focus for non-intrusive programming and commissioning using Rotork IQ intelligent electric actuation technology. In normal mode the LCD display indicates valve position. The same window also displays visual indication of status, alarms, event, trend and operation logs and diagnostic data. Padlockable pushbuttons for local actuator operation are provided on the ELB enclosure and a vandalproof cover is available for increased security.
Tel: +44(0)113 256 7922
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 38
- Developing standards
- Emerson Enters into Supplier Services Agreement with Fluor Corporation to Provide Automation and Control Solutions and Services.
- Adanac - still cool after 10 years!
- NAMUR sensors for SIL2 and SIL3 in accordance with IEC/EN 61508
- Tyco goes in deep with Subsea market
- Rotork valve actuators SIL2 certified: Rotork fluid power valve actuators for Bolivian gas plant are Safety Integrity Level 2 (SIL2) certified
- SIL Level 3 for Valtek Mark
- Rotork’s Automation Project: Valve automation delivers centralised monitoring and control to pipeline network
- SIPOS’ subterranean solution
- Versatile Controls Introduce VERSA C-316