INDUSTRIAL VALVES — STEEL AND CAST IRON CHECK VALVES – NEW STANDARD ISSUED – BS EN 16767:2016
What is it?
This European Standard specifies the requirements for cast iron or steel check valves, which are forged, cast or fabricated in straight, angle or oblique pattern with end connections flanged or wafer, butt welding, socket welding, or threaded.
Previously the requirements for Cast Iron and for Steel Check Valves were specified in two separate documents BS EN 12334 and BS EN 14341 respectively.
Why is it important?
The main changes to the previous version of EN 12334:2001 and EN 14341:2006 are the following:
• Combined content from previous version of EN 12334:2001 and EN 14341:2006;
• Materials referenced to EN 12516-1 and/or to EN 12516-4;
• From EN 12334:2001, removal of informative Annex B “Comparison between EN and ISO cast iron material grades”;
• From EN 14341:2006, removal of Table 1 “Nominal inside diameter of the body end port” and Table 2 “Sizes of auxiliary connections”;
• Revision of the normative references;
• The technical content has been considerably revised.
All those manufacturers of cast iron and steel check valves that were previously manufacturing valves in accordance with BS EN 12334 or BS EN 14341 are strongly recommended to inform themselves of the changes in technical requirements specified in this new standard.
BS EN 12334:2001 and BS EN 14341:2006, which have been withdrawn This standard is available from BSi Publications at a price of £112.00 (members price £56.00). Those people that are members of PSE/18 or PSE/18/2 committees are able to download the standard for free.
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 38
- RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU: By BVAA’s Technical Consultant, Peter Churm
- CEN/TS 13547:2006 “Industrial valves – Copper alloy ball valves”: By BVAA’s Technical Consultant, Peter Churm
- EN 1983:2006 “Industrial valves - Steel ball valves”: By BVAA’s Technical Consultant, Peter Churm
- Fugitive Emissions Standards: Result of the NWIP ballot for the revision of ISO 15848-1 and ISO 15848-2 (2006)
- Steel valve casting NDE acceptance: By BVAA’s Technical Consultant, Peter Churm
- The Dangers of Industrial Gas Abuse: By BVAA’s Technical Consultant, Peter Churm
- Systematic Review of Standards in 2012: By BVAA’s Technical Consultant, Peter Churm
- BS EN 12266-1:2012
- Approval of Draft ISO/DIS 28921-1
- Metallic butterfly valves: ISO/DIS 10631 “Metallic butterfly valves for general purposes”