New Tyco 5100 Series Tyco Flow Control Introduces New Series 5100 Pilot-Operated Pressure Relief Valve
The Series 5100 valve is the latest design innovation in pilot-operated pressure relief valve technology from Tyco Flow Control and its Anderson Greenwood brand to meet the most demanding applications. It is the first non-flowing modulating pilot-operated pressure relief valve that is certified under the stringent requirements of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code, Section I with steam service capacity certifications in accordance with Section I and water service capacity certifications.
Additionally, it is the first all-plastic soft seat and sealed valve that operates as a non-flowing modulating pilot, requiring no component changes to handle alternating steam and water conditions. This design opens in proportion to relief demand and is suitable for hot water, flashing water and steam service without the operational performance problems usually found with spring-loaded pressure relief valves on economiser service.
Some features and benefits of this pilot-operated pressure relief valve include:
- Reduced Product Loss. The valve features soft seats for premium tightness before and after relief cycles. The design offers a great alternative to traditional metal seated valves used in these installations.
- Increased System Output. Because of total valve tightness to at least 96 percent of set pressure, the system can be operated closer to set pressure without valve leakage. The result is greater system production capability.
- Reduced Maintenance Costs. Resilient seats greatly extend service life. Costly and time-consuming metal seat lapping is unnecessary.
- Requires no elastomer seats or seals. The result is a modulating, soft-seated, pilot operated valve offering premium tightness with the ability to handle temperatures from -65°F to 515°F (-54°C to 268°C) and a set pressure range of 15 to 6,170 pounds per square inch gauge (psig).
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 4
- The fuel of the future - Coal?
- Pressure regulators developed for subsea use Pressure Tech
- Pentair Valves & Controls launches new pilot-operated pressure relief valve for high temperature environments
- Barakah Contract Win for Pentair Valves & Controls
- Econosto UK show Taylor Safety Relief Valves at Offshore Europe
- Flowstar's New Seawater and Stainless Steel Reducing Valves
- Flowstar Now Carry £500k of Nabic with Online Visibility of Stock
- Emerson Introduces Wirelessly-Monitored Storage Tank Safety Valves
- NABIC – Offers a Comprehensive Range of Safety & Control Valves
- Leengate Valves Welcomes New Products from ZETKAMA