Final commissioning of a 600 Tonne Weingarten mechanical screw press
In June 2017 SSF saw the final commissioning of a 600 Tonne Weingarten mechanical screw press modernised by specialist press provider FPM Italy.
In combination with insert design modular Tungsten Carbide tooling, SSF are benefiting from a vastly extended die life compared to conventional tooling which also contributes to a consistent quality and a shorter extraction time post forging which is a critical feature for difficult materials particularly in production of Nickel alloys where metallurgical properties are critical for in service performance.
The newly installed press complements SSF’s existing two mechanical drop presses and is now commissioned into active service supporting our growing international customer base for precision forged and machined fastener components. For any immediate requirements or enquiries please contact email@example.com or by phone on +44 (0)1246 451 818.
Tel: +44 (0) 1246 451 818
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 42
- Shipham Valves make significant investment to machining and pressure test facilities
- Blackhall Engineer Wins Award
- Truflo Marine retain IIP Accreditation
- PPE ExpandsPPE Completes Research, Manufacturing and Training Facilities Expansion
- AUMA become BVAA Members
- AUMA Actuators Ltd: Leading modular actuation technology for over 40 years
- AUMA - British Energy extends actuator agreement
- AUMA achieves second United Utilities award
- Anglian Water adoptspioneering AUMA training programme
- Ron Hague - Valve & Actuator Specialists: A company overview from new BVAA member Ron Hague Ltd