New Saunders® Exelon range of diaphragms for aggressive slurries
The first product, Saunders® Exelon XA diaphragm, developed in-house by the company’s team of polymer scientists, introduces a new diaphragm material – a compound based on an ethylene propylene (EP) technology – designed specifically for the handling of chemically aggressive slurries. The new diaphragm is 100% compatible with all existing IDV Saunders® product ranges and is available for both new installations and for diaphragm replacements in existing Saunders valves.
Exelon XA diaphragms provide improvements in three key aspects of solids handling – enhanced flex life, resulting in reduced down time and improved productivity; 70% improvement in elastic recovery, resulting in better sealing performance and reduced emissions; and maximized rebound resilience, leading to improved erosion resistance – while maintaining the same high level of chemical resistance as previous Saunders® EP and butyl based diaphragms. As a result the diaphragm lasts longer in processing slurries and offers significantly improved performance for minerals and materials applications.
"We are committed to the continual development of our products to meet the evolving needs of the mining industry," explains Richard Tuck, Vice President and General Manager at Saunders. "Our customers, many of which have been with us since PK Saunders first developed the original industrial diaphragm valve 75 years ago, trust Saunders® valves to provide exceptional performance and reliability in the most demanding applications. By developing new materials that are tailored to specific uses we can help them deliver even better performance, whatever their needs."
Key features of Saunders® Exelon XA include:
A-Type 8mm to 350mm (¼ inch to 14 inch)
KB-Type 15mm to 350mm (½ inch to 14 inch)
Temperature range: -40°C to 120°C (-40°F to 250°F)
All valves comply with the Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) 97/23/EC and conform to EN 13397 and MSS SP88.
Saunders can supply valves in accordance with ATEX Directive 94/9/EC to Group II, Category 2, GD c T3-T6.
Like all Saunders® valves, all products in the Exelon range will provide traceability of materials and are marked with material and manufacturing data for easy identification
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 8
- ASCO Numatics Introduces New Range of High Quality, High Performance Aseptic Diaphragm Valves: Unique design innovations enable reduced cleaning cycle times
- Crane introduces Ultimate Diaphragm
- Emerson’s New Pinch Valve: New pinch valve from Emerson now allows automated control of low volume, clean and sterile liquids
- ASCO Numatics – Custom Engineered Solution: Self-draining aseptic diaphragm valves with ATEX approval and special flanges are delivered in just six weeks
- Time served!: Valves running continuously for 75 years!
- CRANE ChemPharma Flow Solutions® Launches New DEPA® Diaphragm for Chemical Applications
- CRANE to Showcase Saunders® Products at Interphex 2013
- CRANE Showcases its Trusted DEPA® and ELRO® Brands at 2013 European Coatings Show
- Shorter Lead Times For Saunders Diaphragm Valves
- ElringKlinger Engineered Plastics add to their range of conforming materials