SIPOS commission confirmed for RWE coal plant
The prestigious Eemshaven project represents an investment by RWE of approximately 220 million euros. When fully operational, the RWE plant will require a workforce of over 350 people.
Key features of SIPOS’ products that influenced selection by RWE included variable speed functionality for soft start and stop and an undervoltage performance capability that ensures continued operation without needing to oversize the actuators.
Additionally, PROFIBUS DP V2 redundancy functionality providing enhanced fieldbus capability
was significant in the selection of SIPOS’ products.
More than 7,000 of SIPOS Aktorik’s electric actuators are now installed at RWE plants in Niederaussem, Neurath, Hamm Westfalen and Eemshaven.
SIPOS Aktorik – the manufacturer and global supplier of specialist and standard electric actuators.
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 22
- New director will build on power station success story at Exeeco
- Rotork introduces compact electric actuator solution for marine valve applications
- South East Water awards valve actuation framework agreement to Rotork
- New Flowserve Software Simplifies Actuator Configuration, Diagnostics: Flowserve Dashboard Allows Bluetooth® Connectivity with Limitorque MX and QX
- Rotork valve actuators specified for southwest China’s first major refinery
- Pakscan digital valve control goes wireless
- Attention to Detail and Communication is the Key to Successful Valve Actuation: Peter Everett, CEO of H.S. Pipequipment comments on valve actuation
- Rotork’s new CVA, mounted to a Metso valve
- BVAA Chairman Bill Whiteley leaves Rotork after twelve years as Chief Executive Officer
- Australia’s ‘Droughtbuster’ scheme chooses Rotork