Plant includes leviathan valves
On the station’s conventional island project, Rotork has supplied more than one hundred IQ intelligent electric valve actuators for Velan wedge gate and parallel slide valves. Manufactured in sizes up to 36 inches and pressure ratings up to Class 1500, these valves will perform feed water and steam isolation duties. The contract included sixteen high speed IQ91 actuators with secondary IS gearboxes fitted to 36 inch Class 900 parallel slide valves for feed water isolation. Weighing in at over 14 tons each, these are the largest pressure seal valves that Velan has ever manufactured.
The Rotork IQ actuators were specified for this contract and supplied through Rotork Controls Canada. Designed for maximum reliability with enhanced functionality, IQ actuators feature non-intrusive, intrinsically safe commissioning, data-logging and predictive maintenance capabilities. Reliability is enhanced by the double-sealed IP68 watertight enclosure, whilst the ability to download and diagnose operating data assists the planning and implementation of effective asset management with the minimum interruption to plant operations.
Rotork Process Controls
Tel: +44 (0) 1225 733200
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 23
- Rotork introduces compact electric actuator solution for marine valve applications
- South East Water awards valve actuation framework agreement to Rotork
- New Flowserve Software Simplifies Actuator Configuration, Diagnostics: Flowserve Dashboard Allows Bluetooth® Connectivity with Limitorque MX and QX
- Pakscan digital valve control goes wireless
- Rotork’s new CVA, mounted to a Metso valve
- Australia’s ‘Droughtbuster’ scheme chooses Rotork
- Rotork completes major valve actuation upgrade at one of Severn Trent’s water treatment works
- Flooding proves the watertight case for Rotork Actuators
- An Introduction to Networks Control systems for valve actuators
- Rotork Intelligent valve actuation for solar power plants