Big Business for Quickits Limited
The all new XYZ 1100XL lathe with its colossal 1000mm diameter chuck is capable of turning drive couplings and flanges up to 1100mm in diameter, more than enough to cover the most demanding of requirements.
Housed in the new production facility along side the 1100XL sits the brand new XYZ 1510 Vertical Machining Centre with a machining bed large enough to handle valve / actuator mounting kits with PCD’s up to F60.
Commenting on the goliath sized machines Mick Durkin, Quickits Sales Manager said, “The recent investment in new CNC machinery is without a doubt the largest, single investment that Quickits has made to date. With this and the additional investments in stock raw materials to cover spool piece type mounting kits accommodating F60 size PCD’s it is fantastic for the business. Quickits’ ability to quote lead times of days rather than weeks for mounting kits of this size is somewhat unique to the industry. Unlike the competition we design and manufacture everything in house which means that we are no longer reliant on third party sub-contract companies and this level of control is evident from our quality and delivery performance.”
Quickits Limited has an enviable reputation for quality and service and with future investment plans in place there is no doubt that the company will further strengthen its position within the industry.
Further Solid Investment
Quickits are also increasing their engineering design capabilities with the introduction of Solidworks CADCAM software.
This recent investment will enable the design team at Quickits to offer enhanced services to the customer including 3D modelling with live simulation.
Engineering Manager, Niel Hufton said, “The decision to introduce Solidworks was driven by the increased demand from our customers for detailed engineering information. This new software will allow us to simulate our designs in real time and will highlight any issues relating to interference detection, clearance verification, finite element analysis, stress calculations and torque requirements. It is also possible to link this software to our stock control system which will flag up any material shortages at the earliest possible stage. I am very much looking forward to the improvements that this investment will bring.”
Tel: 01623 515545
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 23
- Pepperl + Fuchs Height - Adjustable Mounting Sets for Manually-Operated Valves
- Quickits Expand, Enhancing Quality and Service
- Valvekits awarded international contract for over 250 mounting kits and spool pieces
- New machinery investment keeps pace with demand for Valvekits products
- Quickits provide professional solution for major off-shore installation
- Quickits propel inspection capabilities to next level: Quickits’ latest investment sees the procurement of the Faro Prime CMM (Co-ordinate Measuring Machine)
- Certification for Quickits
- Continued Success for Quickits at Valve World Expo 2014
- Quickits Provide the Link
- Successful Expansion Of Rotork Valvekits In The USA