Spirax Sarco White Paper analyses cost benefits of condensate recovery in steam systems
Condensate, the hot, treated water produced as steam releases its heat energy, is a valuable resource that contains up to 20% of the useful energy in the original steam. Recovering this energy can reduce fuel bills, cut water and effluent charges and lower spending on water treatment chemicals.
The White Paper describes the technology involved in recovering this vital resource, including steam traps, pumping technologies, boiler blowdown, flash steam and its recovery, and the issues involved in pressurised low loss condensate recovery.
Case studies demonstrate how real steam users have benefitted from these technologies in practice, showing the significant savings they have achieved. Spirax Sarco offers a full portfolio of the latest condensate recovery systems that help steam users reduce their utility bills and optimise their systems.
The White Paper outlines these as well as giving advice on the financing of condensate recovery improvement projects.
Tel: 01242 521361
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 23
- Velan Steam Traps: New and Improved
- Spirax Sarco’s Quick-Fit steam trapping station
- Spirax Sarco delivers steam solution for carbon capture project
- Westons Cider saves £42,000 annually with reverse osmosis from Spirax Sarco
- Spirax Sarco controls improve production efficiency
- The sliding gate valve reins in costs for steam systems: Rapid control dynamics reduce steam consumption by up to 30%
- Spirax Sarco delivers energy-saving steam project for 340m new-build hospital
- Valve-Kits – the Original Kits Specialists
- Advanced Valve Solutions, Start-Stop Operation Summary
- New Year Success for Denholm Valvecare