Rotork declutch gearboxes deliver swift support for retrofit power plant upgrade
Twelve ILG-D gearboxes were delivered within four weeks by the Rotork Gears Houston facility for attachment to K-Tork Type K pneumatic damper drives installed at an 1850MW coalfired power plant in New Mexico. The applications mainly involve induced and forced fan combustion control. Installed in four groups of three, the gearbox design has enabled the handwheels to be suitably positioned through 90º quadrants to accommodate obstructions and for ease of operation.
Rotork ILG-D gearboxes are specifically designed to provide a reliable means of manually overriding double-acting pneumatic valve actuators in power and process applications. Mounted between the actuator and the valve or damper, the gearboxes employ a declutch mechanism to disengage the handwheel drive during pneumatic operation.
The full range of Rotork ILG gearboxes offer a rugged solution for spring-return or double-acting pneumatic actuation applications with output torques up to 32,000Nm (283,520lbf.in) in an ambient temperature range of -20 to +120ºC (-4 to +250ºF). Standard environmental enclosure ratings are IP65 and IP68.
Rotork Gears and K-Tork are members of the Rotork group of flow control companies. This contract is an excellent example of how group companies can combine to provide the best technical and commercial solutions for flow control applications.
Tel: +44 (0) 1225 733200
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 24
- Mastergear - Driving Industry
- Challenging application launches Rotork’s compact subsea gearbox solution
- Alpha Controls’ Range of Accessories
- Alpha Controls Ltd
- Rotork DSIR gearbox speeds up manual valve operation
- Rotork gearboxes provide 90 degree shaft direction change
- AUMA gearboxes support world’s largest hydraulic scheme
- Zoedale Plc add a new quarter-turn gearbox range to their actuator combinations
- Rotork’s big valve gearboxes assist the supply of fresh water to Shanghai
- Quickits Launch Stainless Steel Gearbox Range