New FieldQ Flameproof Valve Actuator & Control Module
Emerson Process Management’s FieldQ™ “fully integrated” rack and pinion pneumatic actuator and Control Accessories has set the standard for safety with its controls housed in an integrated package complying with ATEX 94/9/EC, PED 97/23/EC and the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC, Appendix IIb. Operators are very familiar with FieldQ’s field-proven plug and play capabilities in rugged spring-return or double-acting configurations.
The FieldQ™ actuator has now been outfitted with an important new feature, the QC40’s flameproof control module, adding increased safety in operating areas with explosive potential. The module offers a robust housing that protects pilot valves, feedback switches and pneumatic amplifier for a rack and pinion actuator against the most demanding process environments. The single piece flameproof and explosion proof housing is designed to withstand an internal explosion and is offered with FM, CSA, ATEC or IECEx hazardous area approval for use in Zone 1 or Class 1, Div. 1. The product comes with the unique non-intrusive switch point setting allowing adjustment in potentially explosive areas without hazardous area downtime and replaceable cartridges that allow simple exchange of components for easier maintenance.
The QC40’s module range offers the perfect solution to those operators who have chosen Ex d as their standard protection method. The modules are available with a range of different switches and pilot valves to suit 24 VDC, 115VAC and 230 VAC requirements.
The new module adds to existing FieldQ™ benefits from its “fully integrated” construction that includes a 20 percent savings in installation and commissioning costs. Substantial labor, material and time savings with its direct mounting construction can also be realized as can considerable flexibility in retrofitting into existing tight pipe runs with its compact footprint and low profile.
Emerson Process Management (Hytork International) Ltd
Tel: 0191 518 0020
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 24
- Rotork appoints UK distributor for Remote Control valve actuators
- Flowserve MaxFlo 3 and NR Diaphragm Actuator Granted SIL 3 Certification
- Rotork acquires Remote Control Sweden
- Emerson Process Management - Valve Automation 1 Force Driving All Valves...Everywhere!
- Tomoe Japan Secures Saudi Electric Company Shuaibah Contract in Partnership with Rotork
- Actuated Solutions Ltd: A company profile
- Offshore Vietnam actuation contract includes High Integrity Pressure Protection System
- Asian gas plant contract continues Rotork’s success with Gasco
- New Flowserve Heavy-Duty Actuator Extends Cycle Life and Reduces Maintenance
- A company profile by Actuated Solutions Ltd