CRANE ChemPharma Flow Solutions® Launches New DEPA® Diaphragm for Chemical Applications
Featuring an innovative “nopped” surface, designed to create advantageous flow conditions emulating the effect of golf ball dimples, the DEPA Nopped S4® Diaphragm is a versatile, state of the art industry solution. The use of Santoprene® as its core material, a substance uniting elastomer (EPDM) and polypropylene (PP), in synergy with its chemical and mechanical properties offers enhanced flexibility and resistance against abrasion, extending the lifetime and corresponding economy of operation and maintenance. The DEPA Nopped S4® diaphragms are designed for applications in chemical industries, e.g. basic chemicals, paints, varnish, coatings, and heavy duty industries, for which they meet or exceed relevant industry standards.
The efficiency and reliability of DEPA Nopped S4® Diaphragms is further enhanced by the modular principle guiding the design of DEPA pumps and diaphragms, and are freely interchangeable between various models of DEPA pumps, further adding to their lifetime economy as spare/component parts inventory of the diaphragms can be reduced.
“CRANE ChemPharma Flow Solutions strives to remain at the forefront of innovation, and the new design of the DEPA Nopped S4® Diaphragm continues in that tradition,” said Sandra Hoffmann, Global Business Line Manager, CRANE ChemPharma Flow Solutions, DEPA. “Its versatility, durability, and contributions to efficiency make it a remarkable addition to CRANE’s comprehensive product portfolio and it offers the industry a greater range of effective and progressive solutions.”
The DEPA Nopped S4® Diaphragm is in compliance with Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC. It is available in 5 sizes from DL15-80 / ½" – 3", it can operate within a temperature range of -20° C to +110° C (-4° F to 230° F), and a maximum 7 bar operating pressure.
Product features summary:
- Innovative: Pioneered the nopped design utilizing a thermoplastic elastomer (TPE) diaphragm material
- Durable and Efficient: Improved energy efficiency compared to previous versions of TPE diaphragms, the innovative nopped design and its use of Santoprene (material) offers excellent performance while enabling longer service life
- Cost Effective: Offers lower cost of operation, reduces demand for spare parts inventory, lowers maintenance downtime, and consequently increases plant capacity
- Versatile: Interchangeable among the DEPA® pumps ranges (modular design)
CRANE ChemPharma Flow Solutions™ designs and manufactures a variety of high performance products including: sleeved plug valves, lined valves, process ball valves, high performance butterfly valves, bellows sealed globe valves, aseptic and industrial diaphragm valves, actuation, lined pipe, fittings and hoses, and air operated diaphragm and peristaltic pumps. Our trusted brands DEPA®, ELRO®, KROMBACH®, Resistoflex®, REVO®, Saunders®, and XOMOX® offer our customers complete and innovative fluid handling solutions designed for the most demanding corrosive, erosive, and high purity applications within the chemical, biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries.
Santoprene® is the registered trademark of Exxon Mobil.
Crane ChemPharma Flow Solutions
Tel: 01633 486 666
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 24
- ASCO Numatics Introduces New Range of High Quality, High Performance Aseptic Diaphragm Valves: Unique design innovations enable reduced cleaning cycle times
- New Saunders® Exelon range of diaphragms for aggressive slurries
- Crane introduces Ultimate Diaphragm
- Emerson’s New Pinch Valve: New pinch valve from Emerson now allows automated control of low volume, clean and sterile liquids
- ASCO Numatics – Custom Engineered Solution: Self-draining aseptic diaphragm valves with ATEX approval and special flanges are delivered in just six weeks
- Time served!: Valves running continuously for 75 years!
- CRANE to Showcase Saunders® Products at Interphex 2013
- CRANE Showcases its Trusted DEPA® and ELRO® Brands at 2013 European Coatings Show
- Shorter Lead Times For Saunders Diaphragm Valves
- ElringKlinger Engineered Plastics add to their range of conforming materials