New and Enlarged UK Service Workshop for Rotork Valve Actuators
Designed in anticipation of further business increases, the new workshop is custom designed to efficiently facilitate the actuation overhaul, repair and upgrade activities performed, as well as the factory fitting of actuators to larger quantities of valves than was previously possible. Improved access to the light and airy workshop is directly linked to new cranage covering the majority of the floor area. New, enclosed storage has been installed, embodying computerised tracking of every actuator’s status and progress through the workshop.
Work is performed on four fixed and two mobile bench stations, providing increased flexibility by permitting outside technicians to support the permanent workshop technicians during workload peaks. Each work bench is equipped with a PC terminal to enable reports to be generated without delay or interruption. A new production test rig has also been installed for performance testing of all actuators on completion of work. The increased workshop space also enables a new inside/outside technician to be employed for local service on a same day or next day basis, supported by a fully equipped service vehicle.
The overhaul, repair and upgrade activities performed by the workshop are an integral part of the life-of-plant asset management support offered by Rotork Site Services. In general, all Rotork electric actuator models up to thirty years old can be supported and on completion of work every repaired or overhauled actuator is given a new one year warranty and test certificate confirming that its performance is once again identical to the day that it was first built.
ROTORK SITE SERVICES
Tel: +44 1225 733200 Internet: www.rotork.com
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 7
- Exeeco Awarded Valve Automation Framework Agreement for RWE npower Power Stations
- The Importance of Reliable Valve Torque Measurement for Predictive Maintenance
- Rotork Site Services assures reliable valve operation at vital fuel supply plants
- Rotork Site Services package secures vital actuation and control upgrade at BP tank farm
- United Utilities keeps Exeeco in charge of reliable valve actuation
- AUMA UK’s SIPOS and Siemens Service Specialism
- Rotork Site Services contributes to improved efficiency for Thames Water
- AUMA ACE Scheme Drives up the Standard
- SQEP supported by AUMA UK’s ACE scheme
- AUMA Extends SIL Solutions