ASCO NUMATICS 553
ASCO NUMATICS has expanded its range of pilot valves for the process industry with the introduction of the 1/2 Stainless Steel 316L version of the Series 553 Spool Valve. The new range meets the growing demand for pilot valves that are suitable for use in aggressive environments and explosive atmospheres.
The new valve is resistant to the cleaning products used in the food industry and the solvents and other compounds found in the chemical and plastics industries. The non-breathing design provides better environmental protection in clean areas and places where hygiene is paramount. Designed to provide long-term reliability under harsh operating conditions,
the valves also offer high levels of environmental protection against the ingress of dust, liquids and other foreign matter. ATEX approval to category 2GD zone 1/21 makes them suitable for use in explosive atmospheres typically found in oil and gas applications both in refineries and offshore.
Central to the operating reliability of the 553 range is an environmentally protected construction. The use of stainless steel for the internal parts together with the non-breathing design and the valves’ ability to operate on dry air means that they are ideal for use in sensitive areas. ASCO NUMATICS patented “T” seal arrangement adds to the reliability of operation, guaranteeing low stiction and breakaway friction even if the valve has not been operated for a long period.
Available as ½ tapped Gas, NPT & NAMUR, the 553 series of valves offer very fast response times and high flow rates (up to 3800 l/min). The air operated and 15/16’’pilot valves are designed to directly operate large single or double acting cylinders, rotary actuators and intensifiers, or to provide pilot signals on much larger equipment such as process valve actuators.
The 553 valve offers all the benefits of a standardised design with both 3/2 and 5/2 versions available, both complemented by a wide range of automatic actuators, including solenoid or air piloted types with solenoid, air pilot or spring return. The valves accept any ASCO NUMATICS solenoid variant, including IP65 rated epoxy moulded units and those to UL and CSA standards.
ASCO NUMATICS, Tel: 01695 713600
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 7
- Dual 3-Ported, 2-Position Valve Provides ‘Two Valves in One’ for a Compact and Cost Effective Solution
- Presenting the NAMUR Mount Hygienic Valve for EExme and EExd applications. What Wash Down Applications
- ASCO Numatics introduces air operated valves
- Valveforce win the balloon race
- Aquaflow supply air valves into Dubai
- SMC’s ZH Series - Smaller & Offers Greater Functionality
- Leengate Valves has seen further expansion in 2019: Leengate Valves has seen further expansion & revision in 2019. Continuing to maintain a strong chain of supply to the UK, despite uncertain times
- Orseal Valves in Unique Offshore Project
- New ABB App Highlights Potential Compressed Air Energy Savings: New ABB app points the way to compressed air savings in valve control applications.
- Orseal Valves at Filanovskogo – One of the Largest Crude Oil Finds in Decades