EasiDrive Provides Safe, Economical Valve Operation
Valve actuation ideal for use in oil, gas and chemical processing industries
Mike Fynes, Sales and Marketing Director at Smith Flow Control comments: “It is great that we have been able to manufacture a portable solution as an alternative to a dedicated valve actuator. Many of our customers are excited about the range as they can already see the benefits they will gain from using the EasiDrive system.”
Smith Flow Control’s Singapore-based agent, Triple-Max Engineering Pte Ltd, has supplied hundreds of the EasiDrive Systems to large Petrochemical Refineries in the region to ease operation and improve efficiencies.
“Workers were straining themselves while operating the valves and we offered the EasiDrive System as a solution to their problem.” Cynthia Xu, General Manager of Triple-Max Engineering Pte Ltd said. “It is time consuming to open and close large valves that are not actuated. Two operators can spend almost 20 minutes working together to open just one 14" 1500# gear operated gate valve. By using the EasiDrive system, the time taken to operate each valve is reduced to approximately 5 minutes with just one operator, making it almost effortless.”
EasiDrive is a lightweight, portable and adaptable pneumatic tool. The tool’s custom engineered reaction device protects the user from the “kick” normally associated with other torque tools, eliminating the possibility of any injury associated with its operation.
EasiDrive also features a variable output torque, controlled by a choice of limited pre-set Filter Regulator (FRL) packs, which prevents excessive torque being applied and ensures proper and safe operation of the valve.
Smith Flow Control
Tel: +44 (0)1376 517901
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 24
- EasiDrive Portable Valve Actuators are Perfect for the Power Industry
- Valve-Kits – the Original Kits Specialists
- Advanced Valve Solutions, Start-Stop Operation Summary
- Saint-Gobain Seals Designs and Manufactures Extraordinary Cryogenic Seal for NASA Space Launch System (SLS) Project: Supporting Efforts to Propel Human Beings Deeper into Space
- ABB's Model Predictive Torque Control (MPTC) Protects Against Gas Supply Interruptions: The software uses Model Predictive Control to protect compressor operation during power supply disruptions, saving time and money.
- Valbruna U.K. Ltd Joins the BVAA Membership: Acciaierie Valbruna is a private company with 2,500 employees and an annual output of 200,000 tonnes of speciality steels.
- ABB Introduces Measurement Care Service Agreements for Process Plants: ABB creates new cost-effective set of instrumentation and analyser maintenance service agreements for process plants
- EnerMech Acquires Electrical & Instrumentation Specialist in Largest Deal to Date
- Bonomi (UK) Ltd Aids Customer Design with 3D Drawing Solution
- Get a Free Safety Cable Kit With all QK Chain Wheels