Emerson Introduces Digital Valve Controller for Safety Instrumented Systems
Intelligent automatic partial stroke valve testing provides improved safety and reliability.
Meeting plant safety and reliability targets is easier using the DVC6200 SIS, which combines the fieldproven linkage-less, non-contact feedback design of the DVC6200 and DVC2000 platforms with the safety demand and automatic partial stroke testing capability of the DVC6000 SIS. The DVC6200 SIS has been evaluated to the latest version of IEC 61508 (2010) and is certified as a SIL 3 capable device for both 4 or 20mA and 0 or 24Vdc power settings.
An integral position transmitter is available with the DVC6200 SIS, and is capable of reading valve position even upon loss of power to the digital valve controller. The position monitoring safety function has been evaluated independently from the digital valve controller safety function and is SIL 2 capable.
Partial stroke valve testing can be used in service to safely increase the period of time between prooftesting the final control element. Additionally, the DVC6200 SIS confirms solenoid operation and captures useful diagnostic data during a trip event.
When integrated with Emerson’s DeltaV™ SIS logic solver, the native interface provides users increased availability, while at the same time removing complexity from their safety systems. DeltaV SIS provides out of the box tools that allow direct access to the DVC6200 SIS diagnostics and partial stroke data, and the ability to set-up and run the partial stroke tests automatically.
Visit www.FIELDVUE.com for more information or contact your Emerson sales office and ask to see the DVC6200 SIS product bulletin
Emerson Process Management
Tel: 0870 240 1978
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 25
- Valve Solutions for Biofuels: by Jari Kirmanen, Product Manager Neles, Metso’s Automation Business Line
- Rotork Profibus actuators control the flow at Wessex Water’s
- Visibility For Switching Applications With New Neles Switchguard
- Flowserve Digital Positioner Introduces ValveSightTM DiagnosticsCapabilities to Intrinsically Safe Market
- Emerson Fisher® Receives Lloyd’s Approval
- New functionality and features for AUMA actuators
- Second Generation 007C Control Monitors from K Controls
- Emerson Extends The Fieldvue™ Digital Valve Controller Line
- Emerson Digital Valve Controller Helps Chinese Chemical Plant Save $40,000
- Schischek launches explosion-proof controller for decentralised HVAC control structures