Hot Spot Parallel Enquiry prEN 4126-6:2013 Bursting Disc safety devices
By BVAA’s Technical Consultant, Peter Churm
DRAFT prEN ISO 4126-6:2013 Safety devices for protection against excessive pressure – Part 6: Application, selection and installation of bursting disc safety devices (ISO/DIS 4126- 6:2013).
This document is currently submitted to the CEN/ISO Parallel Enquiry (5 month). This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition (ISO 4126-6:2003), which has been technically revised. It has been prepared by Technical Committee ISO/TC 185 “Safety devices for protection against excessive pressure” in collaboration with Technical Committee CEN/TC 69 “Industrial valves”.
This draft standard gives guidance on the application, selection and installation of bursting disc safety devices used to protect pressure equipment from excessive pressure and/or excessive vacuum.
• Annex A provides a checklist for the information to be supplied by the purchaser to the manufacturer.
• Annex B guidance on the replacement period of a bursting disc and annex C guidance on determining the mass flow rate, for single phase fluids, of a pressure relief system that contains a bursting disc safety device
• Annex D has been deleted.
• Annex E non-mandatory procedure for establishing the flow resistance of a burst bursting disc assembly.
• Annex F non-mandatory procedure for type testing of bursting disc safety devices
• Annex G typical performance characteristics for various bursting disc safety device types.
The requirements for the manufacture, inspection, testing, marking, certification and packaging of bursting disc safety devices are given in Part 2 of EN ISO 4126.
Comments should be forwarded to BVAA by Association members by end of May 2013 for onward submission to BSI/CEN.
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 25
- RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU: By BVAA’s Technical Consultant, Peter Churm
- CEN/TS 13547:2006 “Industrial valves – Copper alloy ball valves”: By BVAA’s Technical Consultant, Peter Churm
- EN 1983:2006 “Industrial valves - Steel ball valves”: By BVAA’s Technical Consultant, Peter Churm
- Fugitive Emissions Standards: Result of the NWIP ballot for the revision of ISO 15848-1 and ISO 15848-2 (2006)
- Steel valve casting NDE acceptance: By BVAA’s Technical Consultant, Peter Churm
- The Dangers of Industrial Gas Abuse: By BVAA’s Technical Consultant, Peter Churm
- Systematic Review of Standards in 2012: By BVAA’s Technical Consultant, Peter Churm
- BS EN 12266-1:2012
- Approval of Draft ISO/DIS 28921-1
- Metallic butterfly valves: ISO/DIS 10631 “Metallic butterfly valves for general purposes”