K Controls 007-100 Valve Position Monitors specified for use in FPSO ballast tanks
The majority of the position monitors contain end of travel reed proximity switches and some provide a 4-20mA with HART® signal to monitor the position of modulating control valves or the opening and closing characteristics of critical isolating valves. Klearvision visual indicators were specified for certain applications. The 007-100 enclosures have been investment cast from a high-alloy austenitic stainless steel developed for use in seawater and other aggressive chloride-bearing media. They have been independently tested by SGS Baseefa to IP68, for submersion at a depth of 30 metres.
When not submerged, the position monitors could be in an area where hazardous gasses are present. They are therefore ATEX and IECEx intrinsically safe certified II 2 G Ex ia IIC T6. All the units have been supplied with multi pin connectors and the associated cable sets that meet the exacting standards required for both subsea and shipboard use. Each cable set has been cut to a predefined length between 19 and 166 metres in order to facilitate installation. Mounting kits for the actuators were supplied in Super Duplex stainless steel.
Tel: 01895 449601
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 26
- New Technology for Non-Contact Position Sensing
- New ABB app highlights potential compressed air energy savings
- Valvekits is UK distributor for Centork positioners
- KOSO Kent Introl celebrates 50th anniversary: Having started in 1967 as Introl Ltd, KOSO Kent Introl recently celebrated their 50th anniversary of the company.
- Industry is about to catch up with tomorrow…: If you are used to buying online at home (or not) but you’re not buying online for your company or project needs - WHY NOT?
- EnerMech Builds on Caspian Pedigree with £40 Million of Contracts Wins
- The Great British Stand!
- Albion to develop export business
- WSG Acquire Provalve: WSG UK Ltd, announce that earlier this year they acquired a majority share of Provalve Ltd.
- ValvTechnologies, Inc. Names Cliff Horsburgh Regional Director of Asia Pacific