The prefix isn’t by accident, but these valves might just prevent one!
Finally it is necessary to have a clear understanding of Safety Valve problems and possible causes.
Getting any one of these aspects wrong could lead to potentially hazardous situations for plant operators, and if you have responsibilities in these areas, you should undertake proper training.
Fortunately, BVAA offers a 1-day course which is designed as a comprehensive guide to safety and relief valves. This course explains how safety and relief valves function and how to size and select the correct valve for given duties and specifications. The course employs lectures, demonstrations and problem solving sessions.
Learn the main types and operating characteristics of safety and relief valves
Be able to select and specify the correct safety valve for a given application
Understand the need to match actuator with valve
Be aware of legislation covering pressure equipment and safety valves
Receive a valve manual as a permanent record
Who Should Attend
This training course is designed for engineers who use/ select and for Technicians who install/service these safety devices. Managers with responsibility for plant and equipment would find an appreciation of the subject and the issues involved useful.
Geoff Newman, formerly of Anderson Greenwood Crosby, former Chairman of BVAA and BSI Safety Valve Committees.
Thursday 13th March 2014
Duration / Programme:
1 day duration: 9.00 am start - 5pm finish
£360 + vat (per person)
BVAA Member Price: £240 + vat (per person)
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 27
- BEL Valves: ‘One Stop Shop’ suppliers take pain out of specifying and certifying HIPPS
- NELES - THE VALUE OF SAFETY VALVES
- Sizing safety valves for supercritical steam boilers
- Providing a Growing Industry...with a Comprehensive Solution
- Single Source HIPPS from BEL Valves and Hima-Sella
- Emerging trends in intelligent safety-valve control: By Juha Yli-Petäys, EHC Business Manager, Metso’s Automation business line
- Reduce operating costs in high pressure applications
- Lock-up Your Doubters at -55°C
- Flowstar To Stock Medenus Gas Pressure Regulators & Filters
- Flowstar Add New Safety Valve To Niezgodka Range