RPV Invests in PMI Niton Analyser
The PMI Niton Analyser is used to determine the positive material identification (PMI) of ferrous metals, nonferrous metal alloys and cobalt based material. RPV have invested in specialist training for six members of staff to operate the testing gun.
Steven Withers, RPV’s QA / QC Director, is pleased to unveil this new capability and the associated reduction in lead times for customers.
‘We are delighted to further add to our testing capabilities. By bringing this service in house we can reduce the lead times for customers who require PMI testing. The work will be carried out under our PED certification, giving us full quality control.’
Testing, using the gun’s built in x-ray tube, is underway at the RPV test house now. Enquiries can be made through RPV’s sales team.
RP Valves Ltd
Tel: +44 (0)1638 711311
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 27
- Flowserve First Valve Manufacturer To Achieve Testing Laboratory Accreditation
- Shipham Valves pass Fire Tests: High performance aluminium bronze butterfly valves successfully pass fire tests
- Adanac - still cool after 10 years!
- Tyco goes in deep with Subsea market
- Tyco’s Expanded Testing Facility: Setting the standard in steam test capabilities
- Adanac hots up...
- CTL Launch Hydrostatic Pressure Testing Facility
- New hyperbaric test facility announced to strengthen the UK’s subsea industry
- Assuring valve components are authentic with Positive Material Identification
- Growth and development for NHC Testing Department