CTL Launch Hydrostatic Pressure Testing Facility
The new Hydro Test Chamber has a pressure rating of 22,500psi and is a dual system capable of using oil or water mediums. The approved 22,500psi pressure test system has a high pressure calibrated transducer with a USB connection for connecting to a PC or Laptop. Windows based software is provided on a CD Rom, this can be used to record and monitor the results of the pressure and medium temperature against time.
The Pressure Testing is carried out in an explosion proof enclosure. There are three colour CCTV PTZ remote cameras to safely view inside the test rig whilst all the controls and instruments are mounted externally.
CTL Works Director David Bannister commented: ‘The facility was requested through our close work with many clients in the Oil & Gas Sector who require High Pressure Testing as part of the Factory Acceptance Test criteria, to ensure the integrity of the components or assemblies supplied by CTL.
‘By adding this facility to our portfolio we are able to provide a complete service to customers. The facility negates the need to ship products to separate testing facilities, therefore reducing our customers lead times – a vital benefit in the oil and gas industry.’
CTL’s new testing capabilities add to an already comprehensive facility spread of 70,000 sq ft. and including lifting capacity of 20 tonnes. The addition of this service is the latest result of a long term strategy of investment in the latest technology, machine tools and IT systems. CTL, and its motivated and skilled workforce, aim is to continue to be the preferred precision machining facility of both national and international clients.
Tel: 0161 430 3173
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 28
- Flowserve First Valve Manufacturer To Achieve Testing Laboratory Accreditation
- Shipham Valves pass Fire Tests: High performance aluminium bronze butterfly valves successfully pass fire tests
- Adanac - still cool after 10 years!
- Tyco goes in deep with Subsea market
- Tyco’s Expanded Testing Facility: Setting the standard in steam test capabilities
- Adanac hots up...
- RPV Invests in PMI Niton Analyser
- New hyperbaric test facility announced to strengthen the UK’s subsea industry
- Assuring valve components are authentic with Positive Material Identification
- Growth and development for NHC Testing Department