SmartKey+ Securely Manages Safety Interlock Keys in Real Time
SmartKey+ uses RFID (radio-frequency identification) technology which allows a key to be tracked with complete confidence, providing operator and control room personnel with information on interlocked processes and their status. Full transaction history is available, revealing details of key insertion/removal. The unit is designed to support a remote web interface, without any specific licence.
SmartKey+ has enhanced levels of system security. All keys are trapped in the cabinet until authorisation is granted; a user is identified by a pin code. SmartKey+ highlights specific key positions that the operator is SmartKey+ Securely Manages Safety Interlock Keys in Real Time authorised to use. The user selects the appropriate key from the panel and removes the key as the selected key position is unlocked.
To reinsert a key in the SmartKey+ Cabinet, the user scans the key in front of the integrated scanner and the appropriate key position is highlighted on the frontal display for re-insertion.
The SmartKey+ Cabinet is configured around a central control panel capable of running a system with over 500 keys. SmartKey+ is comprised of modular sections, each containing 18 key positions, and can be increased incrementally.
SFC’s SmartKey+ provides a unique solution to key management, combining innovative software and smart technologies.
Smith Flow Control Ltd
Tel: +44 (0)1376 517 901
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 28
- SFC’s Key Management System Ensures Safe Operation of Interlocks
- Valve-Kits – the Original Kits Specialists
- Advanced Valve Solutions, Start-Stop Operation Summary
- Valbruna U.K. Ltd Joins the BVAA Membership: Acciaierie Valbruna is a private company with 2,500 employees and an annual output of 200,000 tonnes of speciality steels.
- ABB Introduces Measurement Care Service Agreements for Process Plants: ABB creates new cost-effective set of instrumentation and analyser maintenance service agreements for process plants
- EnerMech Acquires Electrical & Instrumentation Specialist in Largest Deal to Date
- Bonomi (UK) Ltd Aids Customer Design with 3D Drawing Solution
- Anti-Cavitation Valve Trim Helps Improve Plant Availability and Safety
- The best metal butterfly valve lining for demanding media?
- Parker announces connectivity enhancements to its valve portfolio: Easy to configure Industrial Ethernet node expands connectivity options