Flowserve UK Valve Plant Awarded ‘N’ Stamp Approval
Flowserve, a leading provider of flow control products and services for the global infrastructure markets, has announced that its UK ball valve manufacturing operation has been awarded ASME III ‘N’ stamp approval.
The certification covers all ASME III valve classifications for the nuclear power industry including Class 1, which allows Flowserve Flow Control UK through its manufacturing facility in Burgess Hill, West Sussex to supply Worcester Controls ball valves to the most critical service applications on the nuclear island. Section III of the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code is built around quality standards that enhance safety throughout a nuclear site and is the most widely used nuclear pressure vessel code around the world.
Flowserve Flow Control UK is the only UK manufacturer of ball valves to be awarded the ASME III ‘N’ stamp. It has also been approved as a Material Organization for the supply of ferrous and non-ferrous materials.
Flowserve Corporation also has nuclear-accredited facilities in North America which manufacture highspecification critical-application valves, including gate, globe and check valves used to control the primary and secondary loops in the nuclear power plant, main steamisolation valves (MSIVs), main feed water isolation valves (MFIVs) and motor-operated valves.
‘The significance of these approvals for Flowserve,’ commented Jeff Drees, President, Flowserve Flow Control Operations, ‘lies in the nuclear resurgence taking place in the UK and many industrialized nations around the globe. For example, the UK government announced in 2013 its policy to proceed with a nuclear ‘new build’ program, comprised of 11 new reactors proposed over the next 15 years. Having this level of certification will give us the opportunity to bid for some of this business.’
Flowserve Flow Control
Tel: 01444 314400
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 29
- ISO Standards
- Leeds Valve achieves latest ISO standard
- Shipham Valves granted API 6D Monogram License
- CVS Appointed Fisher Approved Service Provider
- Update pressurized equipment certification to the new TR CU 032/2013 with SGS: Update pressurized equipment certification to the new TR CU 032/2013 with SGS
- Induchem UK Celebrates F4N Status
- Commissioning underway for LNG safety system: HIPPS from Severn Glocon Technologies deployed on Floating Storage and Regasification Unit
- New Year Success for Denholm Valvecare
- Saint-Gobain Seals Designs and Manufactures Extraordinary Cryogenic Seal for NASA Space Launch System (SLS) Project: Supporting Efforts to Propel Human Beings Deeper into Space
- T-T Flow: The Number One Choice