Emerson introduces electro-hydraulic operator for remote valve emergency shutdown applications
Emerson Process Management has added a robust electrohydraulic operator to its broad valve automation capabilities with the release of the Bettis™ EHO actuator. The EHO actuator couples proven technologies from Emerson’s Valve Automation offering of actuation and controls to handle critical shutdown situations where dependability is a must.
The EHO actuator is ideal for a diverse range of applications, from topsides valve automation on offshore platforms to remote pipelines where operational upsets can cause safety and environmental hazards, as well as costly production losses. To help operators counteract these challenges, the EHO provides a compact design with actuator and control components from Emerson that have been field proven for decades in critical service and features that combine more than 200 years of experience in valve actuation, electric motor, and hydraulic control technology.
The EHO is available in either spring-return or double-acting configurations. Torque outputs can handle valve sizes from 150mm to 1500mm (6˝ to 60˝). The EHO operates on utility electrical power or optional solar power for remote areas where electric power is not available or not reliable. The EHO is operable in temperatures ranging from -40°C to +60°C. Its fail safe capability is reliable with fast close or open stroke times, suitable for emergency shutdown in oil or gas service.
Emerson Process Management Ltd
Tel: 0870 240 1978
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 32
- New director will build on power station success story at Exeeco
- Rotork valve actuators specified for southwest China’s first major refinery
- Rotork pipeline actuators facilitate solar powered solution for remote valve control
- Attention to Detail and Communication is the Key to Successful Valve Actuation: Peter Everett, CEO of H.S. Pipequipment comments on valve actuation
- BVAA Chairman Bill Whiteley leaves Rotork after twelve years as Chief Executive Officer
- The Importance of Reliable Valve Torque Measurement for Predictive Maintenance
- Rotork IQPro electric valve actuators with the SIL (Safety Integrity Level) option
- Hydraulic actuators for South Atlantic floating production vessel
- Emerson’s Valve Automation Division
- Rotork’s Golden Celebration