Score Training’s New Specialist Training Facility Officially Open
On Tuesday 3rd November 2015 Score Group plc officially opened their new specialist training facility in Peterhead
The facility will be the new headquarters of Score Training and seven dedicated training workshops are to be devoted to the provision of technical training courses to the company’s oil and gas industry clients in addition to employees of Score Group plc.
Sixty guests were provided with tours of the training workshops, design and multimedia suites and parts of the original buildings within the six acre expanse, located on the site of the former HMP Peterhead.
Newly developed amenities for training in valve awareness, joint integrity and pressure testing were unveiled. Workshops are equipped with a range of tooling, hydrostatic and gas test cells and PSV test cell. A flow loop and PSV container were also shown to demonstrate how the company simulates real working conditions throughout each hands-on training course.
Examples of the company’s promotional, training and safety videos, each created by a team of in-house graphic designers, were also shown. These are produced for the Score Group of companies as well as third party clients.
During the opening presentation Leighton Willox, Managing Director of Score Training explained how the expansion of facilities will allow for increased course availability and an enhanced training experience. Speaking of recent ECITB approval to conduct Mechanical Joint Integrity (MJI) training and testing, plans to attain further approvals for Small Bore Tubing (SBT) training delivery were also revealed.
Presentations touched on the history of the site and on plans to mix the old with the new during phase 2 of the development – restoring part of the site to pave the way for the creation of a museum and tourism hub which will open to the public next year.
Tel: 01779 480 000
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 36
- Valve Training Courses: Discount For BVAA Members
- BOOKING FORM: BVAA Training Courses
- Spring Training Week
- Industrial Diaphragm Valves MasterClass
- Managing Commercial Risk: “Delegate feedback was exceptionally good”
- SILs One Day Course: “Clearly conveyed, providing useful information on an often misunderstood subject.” - A previous delegate's feedback
- New Engineering Insight website from Xylem engages university students with real-life engineering challenges
- Pentair Hosts Training Sessions To Better Serve Asia-Pacific Customers
- Academy of Joint Integrity roll out Hose Management Course
- Engineering the Next Generation of ‘Valve Doctors’