CSA Group Hosts Functional Safety Seminar with support from BVAA
Industry professionals from the BVAA membership came together at CSA Group UK (near Chester) for a seminar on conformity assessment for the valve and actuator industry.
Presentations and discussions were held around the need and importance of conformity assessment for industry, and the best way to combine multiple approvals (Functional Safety and Hazardous Locations) into a cost-effective project.
Of particular debate was a discussion around the value of accredited Functional Safety certification, with concerns over the ambiguity of data that Functional Safety certificates can contain.
This is indeed a challenge within industry - the ambiguity of data can lead to manufacturers and system integrators specifying the wrong equipment at a cost of thousands of pounds - and CSA Group’s article ‘Functional Safety - Demystifying Product Certificates’, also featured in this edition of ValveUser magazine, helps to provide some clarification of what to look for in a Functional Safety certificate – see page 45. If you would like to discuss any of these topics with CSA Group, or would like to take advantage of a free of charge project planning meeting, please contact CSA Group.
Tel: +44(0)1244 670 900
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 40
- Valve Training Courses: Discount For BVAA Members
- BOOKING FORM: BVAA Training Courses
- Spring Training Week
- New Flowserve Application Guide Outlines Solutions for Noise Attenuation
- AEON CHOOSES THE KITEMARK® TO ENHANCE ITS VALVES
- Flowserve MaxFlo 3 and NR Diaphragm Actuator Granted SIL 3 Certification
- ‘Jobsworths’ are Putting Lives at Risk
- ISO Standards
- Environmentally Friendly
- Musings of an ATEX Auditor - By Roger Stillman, arcSIL Consulting