Mad Hatters - Bonomi Ups The Pace
Their feat was part of an office-wide initiative aimed at increasing team building through fitness and whilst some other staff members were unfortunately forced to drop out due to injury, Dave and Susan gamely soldiered on, recording the respectable times of 2hrs 15 mins and 2hrs 16 mins respectively.
The duo only began running 18 months ago and by following a training plan they gradually extended the lengths of their runs, fitness and stamina. Says Internal Technical Manager Dave, “there were times when it would have been easy to quit, but we kept the motivation going by constantly egging each other on.”
Cutting their teeth on the Birmingham 10K back in May, before joining some 10,000 other runners for the more demanding half marathon, the pair feel rightly proud of their achievement and have already signed up for the Birmingham 10K in May 2018.
Says Assistant Office Manager Susan: “Getting over that finishing line makes all the aches, pains and blisters worth it. We hope to have more Bonomi runners joining us in our future races and of course our distributors and customers are more than welcome to join us too!”
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 44
- Seals Meeting
- Repair Meeting
- BVAA’s Desktop Exhibition at MW Kellogg
- Dave Martin Honoured
- Flowserve Nuclear Success
- Hardide Coatings develops new coating for titanium
- New Product Announcements Application Stories Company Profiles Industry News: British Valve & Actuator Association
- BVAA ‘Regional Meetings’
- BVAA ‘Mad Hatters’: How far can you go wearing a BVAA Hat?
- Score Peterhead Desktop Exhibition