Emerson Introduces SIL Certified Vortex Flow Meters To Enhance Plant Safety & Reliability
New SIL 2/3 certified Vortex meters for safety instrumented systems reduce process downtime and prevent spurious trips
The non-clog Rosemount 8800 Vortex portfolio offers safety and reliability features such as online removable sensors to reduce process downtime and a critical process valve for aggressive applications which increases personnel safety by preventing exposure to hazardous fluids. A variety of configurations are available to suit a variety of requirements, including flanged, wafer, reducer, dual, and quad meter body styles, supporting installations up to 12in (300mm) line sizes.
Per an accredited third-party assessment, a single Rosemount 8800 Vortex meter may be used up to SIL 2. The Dual Vortex meter is capable of up to SIL 3 and offers a simple drop-in solution to reduce installation costs. This configuration includes a single or dual shedder bar(s), dual sensing elements, and dual transmitters for redundancy and 1oo2 voting to reduce unexpected shutdowns.
Exclusive to Emerson, the Rosemount 8800 Quad Vortex uses a dual shedder bar, quadruple sensor, and quadruple transmitter configuration to meet hardware fault tolerances and eliminate the need for multiple flow meters. This option offers the highest level of reliability to guard against spurious trips using 2oo3 voting and includes a fourth transmitter for process control.
“The new addition of SIL 2/3 certification allows Emerson to offer the most comprehensive Vortex portfolio to address the importance of plant safety, process availability, and measurement stability,” said Wally Baker, director of product marketing for Rosemount Vortex flow meters.
For more information, visit www.emerson.com/vortex
Tel: 0870 240 1978
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 44
- Developing standards
- Emerson adds stainless steel transmitter housing to its Vortex flowmeter family
- Adanac - still cool after 10 years!
- NAMUR sensors for SIL2 and SIL3 in accordance with IEC/EN 61508
- Tyco goes in deep with Subsea market
- Rotork valve actuators SIL2 certified: Rotork fluid power valve actuators for Bolivian gas plant are Safety Integrity Level 2 (SIL2) certified
- SIL Level 3 for Valtek Mark
- Update pressurized equipment certification to the new TR CU 032/2013 with SGS: Update pressurized equipment certification to the new TR CU 032/2013 with SGS
- Why choose Coriolis?
- TT Electronics - High Performance Technology for Valve Position Sensing