Customised Rotork Actuators Fulfil Critical Offshore Safety Duties
These actuators operate 220mm (9”) gate valves on skids requiring a High Integrity Pressure Protection System (HIPPS) certification manufactured for the Hasbah Offshore Facilities Increment II Project in the Arabian Gulf. Reliable failsafe operation of these HIPPS valves is essential to prevent potential damage by shutting off the source of high pressure before the design pressure of the process is exceeded. The innovative configuration of hydraulic cylinders, quick exhaust valves, flow regulators and internally mounted discharge ports provides an extremely compact and reliable actuator solution with significant reductions in associated piping.
Standard design features include electro-nickel plated cylinder walls, providing minimum friction and maximum protection against corrosion, carbon steel pistons with PTFE/rubber seals for reduced friction and stick-slip elimination even after prolonged periods of inactivity and totally enclosed carbon steel spring cartridges.
The Hasbah Offshore Facilities Increment II Project will supply an additional 2.5 billion standard cubic feet per day of clean natural gas to meet growing domestic energy demands in Saudi Arabia.
Tel: +44 (0) 1225 733 200
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 44
- Emerson Enters into Supplier Services Agreement with Fluor Corporation to Provide Automation and Control Solutions and Services.
- ISO Standards
- Developing standards
- Leeds Valve achieves latest ISO standard
- Shipham Valves granted API 6D Monogram License
- Adanac - still cool after 10 years!
- NAMUR sensors for SIL2 and SIL3 in accordance with IEC/EN 61508
- Tyco goes in deep with Subsea market
- Rotork valve actuators SIL2 certified: Rotork fluid power valve actuators for Bolivian gas plant are Safety Integrity Level 2 (SIL2) certified
- SIL Level 3 for Valtek Mark