Rotork introduces compact electric actuator solution for marine valve applications
The ROMpak actuators retain all the mechanical benefits of the popular original Rotork ROM design, including self-locking gears, manual override, externally adjustable mechanical stops, a wide range of mains power options and an IP67 watertight enclosure. The ROMpak actuator adds a self-contained control package with local controls and status indication relays and the option of Rotork Folomatic positional control, current position transmitter, integral data logger, non-intrusive configuration with a Bluetooth wireless interface and digital bus network connectivity.
Network connectivity, which includes Rotork’s dedicated Pakscan and the Profibus, Modbus and Foundation Fieldbus open protocols, is also configured by Bluetooth, as is the recovery of historical operating data from the data logger for valve diagnostics and maintenance planning.
The three actuator sizes in the ROMpak range provide operating torques from 35 to 650Nm and are suitable for ambient temperatures of -5 to +60°C.
The first orders for ROMpak actuators include applications on new naval vessels being built for an Eastern European country. In addition to new installations, the actuators are easy to retrofit on existing valves and Rotork’s specialist Site Services organisation is available on a worldwide basis to offer advice on or to implement this activity.
ROTORK CONTROLS LTD.
Tel: +44 1225 733200
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 10
- South East Water awards valve actuation framework agreement to Rotork
- New Flowserve Software Simplifies Actuator Configuration, Diagnostics: Flowserve Dashboard Allows Bluetooth® Connectivity with Limitorque MX and QX
- Pakscan digital valve control goes wireless
- Rotork’s new CVA, mounted to a Metso valve
- Australia’s ‘Droughtbuster’ scheme chooses Rotork
- Rotork completes major valve actuation upgrade at one of Severn Trent’s water treatment works
- Flooding proves the watertight case for Rotork Actuators
- An Introduction to Networks Control systems for valve actuators
- Rotork Intelligent valve actuation for solar power plants
- Rotork aids Regeneration: Rotork actuators at the centre of successful UK environmental regeneration