Versatility Meets Design
Thanks to its versatility and flexibility, the DFPD can be used in a variety of sectors and markets. Its modern, simple and compact design impresses, whether it is used with ball valves, shut off valves or air dampers in the chemical, pharmaceutical or beverage industry or for water treatment and other areas of process automation. The rack and pinion combination is a great addition to the market, in both the single-acting and doubleacting version.
Flexible in operating pressure
The single-acting version of this new quarter turn actuator is particularly compact and extremely modular. Thanks to the optimised spring design it can be configured in increments of 0.5 bar for more efficient use. With the nine different spring combinations, the quarter turn actuator DFPD meets the most precise operating pressure requirements of between 2 and 6 bar. The rotation angle for standard sizes is up to 90° and for the sizes 40, 120, 240 and 480 it even rises to 180°.
The basic version of the DFPD is suitable for temperatures between -20 and +80 °C. The low-temperature variant is designed for arctic regions and covers a temperature range of -50 °C to +60 °C. The high-temperature variant can be used at temperatures of between 0 °C and +150 °C. With its versatile and corrosion-resistant surface coatings, the actuator can also be reliably and flexibly used in harsh conditions. It can be mounted anywhere and the end positions can be adjusted by ± 5° at both ends, ensuring high flexibility during operation.
A complete package covering the entire value chain
In combination with the CMSX positioner, it is ideally suited for the analogue control of quarter-turn actuators, e.g. in dosing tasks. Furthermore, the sensor boxes SRBC/SRBE/SRBG enable simple digital control and full position sensing. And this is possible outdoors as well as in potentially explosive environments. The NAMUR valves VSNC are certified worldwide in accordance with all the current standards. For safety-oriented applications, the robust pilot valves VOFC and VOFD are perfect additions.
The solenoid valves can be widely used and meet the highest safety standards (up to SIL3, explosion protection). This allows Festo to provide complete automation of quarter-turn actuators for a large range of applications.www.festo.com/dfpd
About Festo Festo AG is a global player and an independent family-owned company with its headquarters in Esslingen am Neckar, Germany.
The company supplies pneumatic and electrical automation technology to 300,000 customers of factory and process automation in over 200 industries.
Our products and services are available in 176 countries. With about 17.800 employees in 61 companies worldwide, Festo achieved a turnover of around €2.45 billion in 2014. Each year over 7% of this turnover is invested in research and development.
In this learning company, 1.5% of turnover is invested in basic and further training. Yet training services are not only provided for Festo’s own staff – Festo Didactic SE also supplies basic and further training programmes in the field of automation technology for customers, students and trainees.
Tel: 0800 626422
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 49
- New director will build on power station success story at Exeeco
- Rotork appoints UK distributor for Remote Control valve actuators
- Rotork introduces compact electric actuator solution for marine valve applications
- South East Water awards valve actuation framework agreement to Rotork
- New Flowserve Software Simplifies Actuator Configuration, Diagnostics: Flowserve Dashboard Allows Bluetooth® Connectivity with Limitorque MX and QX
- Rotork pipeline valve actuators in Kurdistan economic improvement project
- Emerson Enters into Supplier Services Agreement with Fluor Corporation to Provide Automation and Control Solutions and Services.
- Valve Solutions for Biofuels: by Jari Kirmanen, Product Manager Neles, Metso’s Automation Business Line
- Rotork valve actuators specified for southwest China’s first major refinery
- Emerson Unveils New Smart Network Switch for the DeltaVTM Digital Automation System