BS EN ISO 16137:2006+A1:2019 Industrial valves — Check valves of thermoplastics materials. Amended standard published
Why is it important?: The main changes compared to the previous edition are as follows:
— the referenced standards have been updated;
— The valve body and bonnet/cover materials shall be selected from ISO 15493 or ISO 15494 or ISO 10931;
— For each valve body material, the design strength shall conform to ISO 9393-2;
— The seat and packing/shell leak tightness shall be verified on all complete valves through seat and packing tests carried out in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9393-2. The leakage rate shall be not greater than rate F in EN 12266-1
— The body and bonnet/cover raw materials and the long-term behaviour of the complete valve shall be tested in accordance with ISO 1167-1.
Supersedes: This is an amended standard, which supersedes BS EN ISO 16137:2006, which is withdrawn.
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 51
- Seals Meeting
- Repair Meeting
- BVAA’s Desktop Exhibition at MW Kellogg
- Dave Martin Honoured
- Flowserve Nuclear Success
- Hardide Coatings develops new coating for titanium
- New Product Announcements Application Stories Company Profiles Industry News: British Valve & Actuator Association
- BVAA ‘Regional Meetings’
- BVAA ‘Mad Hatters’: How far can you go wearing a BVAA Hat?
- Score Peterhead Desktop Exhibition