Technical Groups visit RAL & ISIS
On 21st May, the combined Valve and Actuator WGs visited the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory (Didcot, Oxon), at the kind invitation of former BVAA Chairman Mr John Vandore. After a technical and standards meeting, the group undertook a tour of the world famous ISIS Neutron Source, the UK Government’s largest single investment in science research for 30 years. What’s a neutron source? Well think of it as a world centre for science with neutrons and muons, some of the most difficult sub-atomic particles to generate, yet vital for studies from atomic energy research right down to developing washing powders - amazing!
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 11
- Seals Meeting
- Repair Meeting
- BVAA’s Desktop Exhibition at MW Kellogg
- Dave Martin Honoured
- Flowserve Nuclear Success
- Hardide Coatings develops new coating for titanium
- New Product Announcements Application Stories Company Profiles Industry News: British Valve & Actuator Association
- BVAA ‘Regional Meetings’
- BVAA ‘Mad Hatters’: How far can you go wearing a BVAA Hat?
- Score Peterhead Desktop Exhibition