OEM International acquires UK’s Zoedale Ltd
Bedford-based Zoedale was founded in 1976 and is a specialist in solenoid valves and valve actuators. It has annual sales of £3 million.
The acquisition of Zoedale by OEM Automatic will enhance both companies and benefit both companies’ customers.
The companies will be able to take advantage of synergy between the product ranges to provide a wider product offering, increased technical expertise and improved stock availability.
“We are really excited about OEM Automatic’s acquisition of Zoedale Ltd. Because of the synergy between both companies’ product offerings within the pressure and flow sector, it means we can offer our customers and Zoedale’s customers a much broader range of products.
Not only will we be offering more products, we will be utilising both companies’ expert technical advice in order to provide the best solutions for all pressure and flow projects,” commented Richard Armstrong, Director at OEM Automatic Ltd.
Zoedale has a strong focus on service and technical support and carries extensive stock at its Bedford premises.
Amongst others, Zoedale represents ASCO, Sirai, Valpes, Omal, Bernard Controls and Peter Paul which manufacture valves and actuators for various process and industrial applications.
Some examples of where Zoedale-supplied valves and actuators are used:
• drinks dispensing machines – they need solenoid valves to make sure that that pint is measured accurately and that cup of coffee never overflows
• special effects – low lying ‘smoke’ in theatres and sports stadiums is produced by using solenoid valves to release cryogenic carbon dioxide
• equine hydrotherapy companies – they need actuators to ensure their water treadmills continue to function for horse rehabilitation
• automatic irrigation sprinklers on golf courses and in public gardens
• right across the food, drink and brewing industries (including companies such as Coca Cola, BrewDog, Longley Farm and Bakkavor) – numerous hygienic valves and actuators support temperature regulation, storage, dosing/mixing, filling/batching, and cleaning.
Zoedale is joining OEM Automatic to increase its technical support, broaden its product offering and continue to develop its expertise in the pressure and flow sector.
It is looking forward immensely to this opportunity for continued growth, and to be able to offer its customers an even wider selection of products.
In addition, customers will now have access to additional expert technical advisors across the two companies.
Zoedale will continue to trade from the Bedford base, with the same staff that customers know and trust.
The range of products and brands will be extended through this business development but customers can rest assured that those they have bought and used in the past will still be available.
OEM is one of Europe's leading technical trading companies with 34 operating units in 14 countries.
The group trades in industrial components and systems for industrial automation, acting as an alternative for manufacturers to selling through their own companies.
The acquisition is expected to have a marginal impact on OEM’s profit for the current year.
“This broadens our product range and strengthens the offer to our customers in the UK market. We see a lot of synergy with our existing UK operation so this is a natural development for our UK business in the pressure and flow sector,” commented Jörgen Zahlin, President and CEO of OEM International.
Tel: 01234 832 832