Emerson releases Fisher® 8580 rotary valve
Extensive laboratory verification was performed on the Fisher 8580 to ensure reliability. Mechanical tests were conducted to determine cycle life, fatigue life, vibration resistance, temperature limits and pressure limits. In addition, tests were performed on materials for the Fisher 8580 valve body, disk, seals, shaft and bearings to assure resistance to conditions that could lead to deterioration in performance.
The new rotary valve can easily be installed in either a horizontal or vertical orientation with no detriment to performance or cycle life. This also enables left- or right-hand mounting of the valve actuator, allowing access for any installation.
The Fisher 8580’s disk design gives it an approximately linear flow characteristic to provide precise throttling control. The valve is offered with either a soft or metal seal, providing capability for enhanced shutoff. The interchangeable seal capability minimises parts inventory requirements.
To facilitate use in all world areas, the Fisher 8580 meets API, ASME, and EN standards. The valve body meets PN 10 through PN 40, CL150, and CL300 ratings. Face-to-face and raised-face dimensions meet EN 593, API 609, and MSS-SP68 standards.
Emerson Process Management
Tel: 0870 240 1978
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 12
- Metso’s reliable valve and field instrument solutions to sustain performance of renewable gas production in GoBiGas, Sweden
- ElringKlinger Engineered Plastics add to their range of conforming materials
- Sofis Uses Pepperl+Fuchs Sensors for Precise Position Feedback on Manual Valves
- Leengate Valves has seen further expansion in 2019: Leengate Valves has seen further expansion & revision in 2019. Continuing to maintain a strong chain of supply to the UK, despite uncertain times
- Flow Technology Services: The DeZurik Rotary Control Valve
- Leengate Valves Welcomes New Products from ZETKAMA
- Ultravalve Acquisition Strengthens Bonomi’s UK Operation
- Schoolhill Hydraulic Engineering Delivers Innovative Shuttle Valve Solution
- Multi-Million Pound Order Awarded
- AIV - Master Valve Distributors