Eurostop Butterfly valves: not just a valve but an opportunity to “torque” less and achieve more
Due to the size differential between a butterfly valve and gate valve in larger diameters, butterfly valves require less depth of cover during installation. This means less concrete is required to build the valve chamber and so creates a reduction in CO2 emissions.
In terms of unit cost, the Eurostop is more cost-effective than a large diameter gate valve, as is the actuator required in motorised applications. Also due the nature of butterfly valves, the Eurostop does not require a diverter valve to help regulate differential pressure to reduce the opening torque of the valve.
Eurostop butterfly valves draw on 30 years of design experience at Saint-Gobain PAM, utilising the most up to date design software, to optimise hydraulic performance, durability and sealing.
The ductile iron body and disc create a high strength-to-weight ratio and a safety factor in excess of 4. Operating torques are significantly reduced due to the double eccentricity of the disc and the fact that each valve is fitted with an AUMA gearbox as standard.
The valves offer low head loss in the fully open position and a perfectly watertight seal when closed. Optimum sealing is achieved through the presence of an automatic continuous gasket and stainless steel cold rolled sealing seat which prevents thermal stresses and blowholes.
Eurostop Butterfly valves fully comply with 1074-1 and 2, EN593 and ISO 10631 and are available for both water and sewage applications PN10, PN16 and PN25. They are available in manual, buried, flange mounted for actuator, or actuated versions.
Tara Smith, Valves Product Manager, Saint-Gobain PAM UK commented: “The new Eurostop range offers major benefits to specifiers and installers in terms of reduced unit cost and installation costs, optimum performance and environmental benefits in installation. Its state-of-the-art design, versatility and compliance with all industry requirements are set to make Eurostop the first choice of specifiers.”
Saint-Gobain PAM UK, Tel: 0115 930 5000
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 13
- NEW COMPOSITE VALVE RANGE LAUNCHED BY TYCO FLOW CONTROL
- Bray Controls - Butterfly Valves and a whole lot more!
- Xomox® XLD Lined Butterfly Valves
- Six figure contract for Weir Valves & Controls UK Ltd.
- Hobbs Valve - It’s All About Lead Time
- Shipham Valves acquires the Advanced Valve Technologies composite valve product range
- KEYSTONE VALVES OFFER A COOL SOLUTION AT CHILL FACTORe
- NEW Keystone BREWSEAL SEAT FOR HYGIENIC VALVES
- Leeds Valve joins the Flow Group
- Unique New Ribbed Disc Design from Tomoe: - Improves Flow Rates of 700 series valves