ASCO Numatics introduces new valve
Low wattage coil (0.5W) reduces battery drain and heat rise, minimises
wiring costs and provides energy savings
ASCO Numatics announces the new (WS)LPKF low power pilot with Ex d certification for the compact 551, 552 and 553 series pilot valves. The valve is available with either an aluminium or stainless steel enclosure, and with a power consumption of just 0.5W at 24V DC, has the lowest consumption of any Ex d certified valve for the process industry. The low wattage coil reduces battery drain and heat rise, minimises wiring costs and provides energy savings. The savings in power usage over the installed life of the solenoid valve lower the total cost of ownership.
Compatible with the ASCO Numatics 551-553 ranges in aluminium, brass (551 range only) and stainless steel, the valves have a large flow range of up to 860 l/min for the 551 valve and 3800 l/min for the 553 valve. Certified according to ATEX, IEC Ex and FM, the new range is ideally suited to applications in the offshore market where high levels of safety and superior resistance to aggressive operating environments are required.
The housing and cover of the enclosure are in 316L stainless steel or painted aluminium and the operator can be rotated 360° to select the best position for cable entry. Electrical connection is via either a shielded or unshielded cable gland (½ NPT) to easy access screw terminals.
The enclosure is supplied with a plastic exhaust protector fitted as standard and a metal exhaust protector is available as an option. The operators are suitable for use in ambient temperatures from -40°C to +60°C, and the flameproof enclosure is rated to 112GEx d IIB + H2 T6, 112DEx tD A21 IP67 T85°C, Certification: IEC Ex, ISA and EN 60079-1, 61241-1.
ASCO Numatics Ltd., Tel: 01695 713600
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 13
- ASCO/JOUCOMATIC - Expanded Range of High Flow Pilot Valves for Critical Applications
- New Norgren Herion Ventilation Protector: Norgren Herion Protect Valves and Systems with their New Ventilation Protector
- ASCO Numatics introduces Pilot Valve
- ASCO Numatics New Catalogue
- ASCO’s Stainless Steel Pilot Valves: ASCO Numatics introduces stainless steel pilot valves for offshore applications 361 series stainless steel pilot valves feature a unique design that e
- Leengate Valves has seen further expansion in 2019: Leengate Valves has seen further expansion & revision in 2019. Continuing to maintain a strong chain of supply to the UK, despite uncertain times
- Leengate Valves Welcomes New Products from ZETKAMA
- Ultravalve Acquisition Strengthens Bonomi’s UK Operation
- Schoolhill Hydraulic Engineering Delivers Innovative Shuttle Valve Solution
- Multi-Million Pound Order Awarded