AUMA actuators provide robust solution for Shell
Explosion proof versions of AUMA actuators are installed at Shell Sarawak Miri
AUMA has replaced seven actuators at Miri, a major centre for Malaysia’s petroleum industry, with multi-turn products in explosion proof versions. Developed for hazardous areas, the company’s explosion proofed product variant offers a robust solution for the scheme’s demanding and potentially explosive atmospheres.
The company reports that a major appeal of its actuator design for this application is the fact that electrical connections are housed separately from the actuator using ‘plug-and play’ technology: this ensures that the actuator can be rapidly reconnected, which reduces any down-time if the actuators are taken out of commission, and wiring errors are avoided. Explosion-proof connections are all double sealed and the flameproof enclosure inside the actuator remains intact, even after removing the plug cover.
AUMA’s capability in providing explosion proofed actuators has led to an international oil industry customer base including refineries, tank farms, extraction plants and pipelines.
AUMA Actuators Ltd., Tel: 01275 871141
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 13
- Rotork introduces compact electric actuator solution for marine valve applications
- South East Water awards valve actuation framework agreement to Rotork
- New Flowserve Software Simplifies Actuator Configuration, Diagnostics: Flowserve Dashboard Allows Bluetooth® Connectivity with Limitorque MX and QX
- Pakscan digital valve control goes wireless
- Rotork’s new CVA, mounted to a Metso valve
- Australia’s ‘Droughtbuster’ scheme chooses Rotork
- Rotork completes major valve actuation upgrade at one of Severn Trent’s water treatment works
- Flooding proves the watertight case for Rotork Actuators
- An Introduction to Networks Control systems for valve actuators
- Rotork Intelligent valve actuation for solar power plants