Leeds Valve Supplies £1m order ahead of schedule
The order worth over £1m was for a range of High Performance Butterfly Valves and baffle plates in sizes from 400mm to 1500mm, all manufactured from ASTM A 890 6A Super Duplex Stainless Steel.
The valves will be installed at the US$7billion Emirates Aluminium Smelter Complex on sea water duty and will be used as flow control valves in combination with baffles to regulate the back pressure in circulating and raw water service lines.
George Burns, Leeds Valve Technical Director, says; “The specification called for a unique combination of low noise and anti-cavitation valve trim, baffles and valve to actuator weight ratio restrictions, as well as special actuator controls and air fail systems. At Leeds, we were able to combine all these requirements in a cost effective design package and hence won the order.”
This represents yet another significant step forward for Leeds Valve since the acquisition by Flow Group in October 2007. Not only have Leeds Valve dramatically improved the on time delivery of orders to over 95% on time, but also they have upgraded their Quality Management System and are now approved by Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance to ISO 9001:2008.
Leeds Valve, Tel: 0113 252 5051
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 13
- NEW COMPOSITE VALVE RANGE LAUNCHED BY TYCO FLOW CONTROL
- Bray Controls - Butterfly Valves and a whole lot more!
- Xomox® XLD Lined Butterfly Valves
- Six figure contract for Weir Valves & Controls UK Ltd.
- Hobbs Valve - It’s All About Lead Time
- Shipham Valves acquires the Advanced Valve Technologies composite valve product range
- KEYSTONE VALVES OFFER A COOL SOLUTION AT CHILL FACTORe
- NEW Keystone BREWSEAL SEAT FOR HYGIENIC VALVES
- Leeds Valve joins the Flow Group
- Unique New Ribbed Disc Design from Tomoe: - Improves Flow Rates of 700 series valves