Emerson adds stainless steel transmitter housing to its Vortex flowmeter family
Emerson Process Management announces the expansion of its Rosemount® 8800D Series of vortex flowmeters to include stainless steel transmitter housings, which are often required for applications in corrosive environments. This new stainless steel housing increases the reliability and longevity of the transmitter in these environments, greatly reducing the overall cost of ownership.
The non-clogging, minimal leak point design of the Rosemount flowmeters is valued by industries such as offshore oil and gas and marine. The corrosive environments caused by saltwater and salt in the air make these industries good candidates for stainless steel transmitter housings. Typical applications include high pressure gas or water injection for enhanced oil recovery. In addition, stainless steel transmitter housings are ideally suited to food, beverage and life science applications, where the numerous chemical processes and clean-in-place solutions can result in corrosion and premature failure.
The stainless steel transmitter housing is available on the broad range of Rosemount Vortex flowmeters, including wafer and flanged meters, dual sensor and Reducer™ Vortex flowmeters.
Rosemount 8800D flowmeters are part of Emerson’s broad range of intelligent, digital field devices that power the PlantWeb® architecture. Further cost savings, increased plant availability, and enhanced safety and environmental compliance are achieved when the transmitters are integrated into the PlantWeb digital plant architecture.
Emerson Process Management, Tel: 0870 240 1978
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 13
- Why choose Coriolis?
- Fast-fit steam flow meter pinpoints energy savings at point of use
- How the right flowmeter can make you money
- Practicality at the Heart of New Acuflux Range
- How selecting the right flowmeter can help you minimise your annual energy costs
- Is Static batch sampling a thing of the past?
- Valve-Kits – the Original Kits Specialists
- Advanced Valve Solutions, Start-Stop Operation Summary
- New Year Success for Denholm Valvecare
- Saint-Gobain Seals Designs and Manufactures Extraordinary Cryogenic Seal for NASA Space Launch System (SLS) Project: Supporting Efforts to Propel Human Beings Deeper into Space