Hardide Coatings Secures AS9100 Aerospace Quality Standard Certification
AS9100 demonstrates the presence of a robust and consistent aerospace quality system. It includes and enhances the ISO9001 standard by focusing on the more rigorous requirements of the aerospace industry. Many aerospace original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) will only work with suppliers who are registered to AS9100.
Graham Hine, Chief Executive Officer of Hardide plc said: “Hardide is currently customer-approved for use in the production of BAE Systems’ Eurofighter Typhoon canopy and is midway through a three year coatings approval test programme with Airbus. AS9100 certification widens our approval to an internationally-recognised industry standard and will give us greater access to top tier aerospace manufacturing companies.
“The coating is generating significant interest from the industry as it can coat internal surfaces and offers significant technical and environmental advantages over hard chrome and HVOF coatings. We are currently in discussion or testing with several leading manufacturers on specific applications.”
Hardide Coatings applies tungsten carbide-based precision coatings to a wide range of engineering components made from ferrous and nickel-based alloys. Its patented technology provides exceptional wear resistance against abrasion, erosion and corrosion and is proven to offer dramatic cost savings through reduced downtime and extended part life. The unique wear properties of Hardide and the precise nature of the coating process make it ideal for aerospace and industrial gas turbine applications such as airframe, landing gear, pins, hooks, catches, turbine blades, positive locking systems and actuator-related products.
Hardide Coatings Plc, Tel: 01869 353830
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 13
- Hardide Coatings Enters Test Programme With Airbus
- Appointment of Chief Executive Officer
- HARDIDE PRESENTS
- “Valves for hydrogen service will have to be reliable, intrinsically safe and ‘idiot proof’.”: New ultra-hard coating reduces valve actuation force
- ISO 14000 & FDA APPROVALS FOR HARDIDE
- A COATING FOR OPTIMUM VALVE PERFORMANCE
- Blackhall uses Armoloy
- Hardide at NACE: Hardide Coatings selected to present at NACE CORROSION 2010
- Hardide Coatings secures approval from Flowserve: A new line of coated metal ball and seats
- Total Carbide joins BVAA and has samples on test with leading valve manufacturers