New Eurocheck non-return valve range provides reduced cost and eases installation
Cast iron technology leader Saint-Gobain PAM UK has developed an exclusive new range of versatile, modular non-return valves
The Eurocheck is a swing check valve manufactured to the requirements of EN1074-3 for use in both horizontal and vertical applications. The new range is available for both water and sewer applications and is available in pipe diameters from 80mm to 300mm.
For the first time, the Eurocheck is supplied with a universal kit solution for lever and weight or lever, weight and guard applications. The kits are universal as they can be used in either left, right, vertical or horizontal orientation, and can be easily fitted on site once the valve has been installed, eliminating the need for valve disassembly before installation. Valves of this kind have traditionally been supplied as a single pre-assembled unit which often made them heavy and awkward to handle and thus to manoeuvre into position – meaning they were often disassembled for installation and re-assembled once installed, doubling the time taken for each valve installation.
The fact that they were supplied as pre-assembled units also meant that, to cover all possible orientation requirements, eight separate products were required. The universal nature of the new Eurocheck kit halves the number of stock keeping units to just four.
Previously, converting a valve from free-hanging (base valve only) to lever and weight or lever, weight and guard necessitated removing the valve bonnet. This is now not the case as the free-hanging valve is supplied with spindle already located outside the valve body. The advantages of this are that the valve can be converted in situ and under pressure. This means assured durability and leak prevention through non-removal of the valve bonnet, and improved health and safety as operators are not in contact with effluent during conversions on sewage valves.
Tara Smith, Valves Product Manager at Saint-Gobain PAM UK, explained: “Non-return valves are widely used in both water and sewer applications but ergonomics and versatility have not always been top of designers’ minds.
“Now, however, with the new Saint-Gobain PAM UK Eurocheck non-return valves, specifiers and customers can enjoy the same high levels of performance alongside far simpler ordering, easier handling, reduced stock keeping and more time and cost efficient installations.”
Saint-Gobain PAM UK, Tel: 0115 930 5000
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 13
- New Hygienic Non-return Valve From Tyco
- Saint-Gobain Pam UK launches new valves line-up
- Advanced Valve Solutions (UK) Ltd Announce HP and IP Workshop/Seminar
- Leengate Valves has seen further expansion in 2019: Leengate Valves has seen further expansion & revision in 2019. Continuing to maintain a strong chain of supply to the UK, despite uncertain times
- Orseal Valves in Unique Offshore Project
- Orseal Valves at Filanovskogo – One of the Largest Crude Oil Finds in Decades
- T-T Flow: The Number One Choice
- Leengate Valves Welcomes New Products from ZETKAMA
- Ultravalve Acquisition Strengthens Bonomi’s UK Operation
- Schoolhill Hydraulic Engineering Delivers Innovative Shuttle Valve Solution