MCE Group plc
On-Line Test System for Safety Valves
Pressure Safety Valves are installed on process equipment to release excess pressure caused by faulty process operations, external fires and other hazards. Or to put it simply ‘the safety valve serves to protect life and property.’ Failure of pressure safety valves to function correctly may result in the serious damage of vessels, exchangers, boilers or other such critical equipment. It is essential therefore to maintain pressure safety valves and relief valves in good condition. Periodic testing is one of the most important elements you can provide in order to ensure that the valves function correctly and thus provide the protection required.
Ideally, the most desirable type of test is one that subjects the pressure relief valve to the full operating conditions that it is to endure in service. The MCE RV test system enables you to test your spring operated safety valves on site, without interruption to the process operation. With this (commonly called) ‘hot testing’ the safety valve stays on-line and no dismantling of the valve or more importantly a plant shutdown is not required.
• No Plant Shutdown
• No loss of productivity
• No loss of profit
MCE Group plc, Tel: 01642 882211
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 13
- TYCO ACQUIRE KINGS: TYCO FLOW CONTROL STRENGTHENS ITS UK SERVICE CAPABILITY
- Repair Code of Practice
- Emerson’s AMS® Suite Enables Solvay to Increase Maintenance Productivity by up to 15 per cent
- Provalve Approved Repairer of Fisher Products: New three year agreement for UK valve service provider
- OEMs Have Important Role in Valve Repair
- Poor Repairs are Putting Plant & Lives at Risk
- Do you have views on valve repair?
- BKW LAUNCH VALVE PERFORMANCE MONITORING & DIAGNOSTIC FLOW RIG
- Comid Valve Services - A New Look...A New Logo...A New Era…
- BVAA Welcomes Greg Johnson