Surface engineering technology company, Hardide Coatings Limited, has appointed Nick King as business development manager for UK and Europe.
He will be responsible for developing the UK and European sales of Hardide’s patented tungsten carbide-based coating across high-wear industries including oil and gas, aerospace, fluid handling and chemicals. He will also manage the commercial aspect of the company’s strategy to develop further applications in both new and current markets.
Graham Hine, chief executive officer of Hardide plc said: "Nick is a strong addition to the management team at Hardide. His extensive knowledge and contacts within the UK and European surface treatment market together with his proven business development skills will add important value to our business. I am delighted that we were able to secure such an experienced and talented individual for this senior position."
Hardide Coatings provides a unique low temperature tungsten carbide-based precision coating which provides excellent wear resistance against abrasion, erosion and chemical resistance on components made from ferrous and nickel-based alloys. It can coat internal surfaces and complex shapes to dramatically extend the life of parts and seals. It offers significant technical and environmental advantages over technologies such as hard chrome and HVOF. Independent ASTM G65 testing has shown that Hardide wears out 40 times slower than abrasion resistant AR-500, 12 times slower than hard chrome and four times slower than thermal spray tungsten carbide.
The coating is in use by customers around the world in high-wear industries including oil and gas downhole and drilling, aerospace, valve, power, chemical and food manufacturing.
Hardide Coatings Limited is a Hardide plc company. The Group has manufacturing facilities in Bicester, Oxfordshire, UK and Houston, Texas, USA.
+ 44 (0) 1869 353830
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 9
- BEL Valves appoints new Sales & Marketing Director
- APPOINTMENTS: BEL Valves expand into Australian Oil & Gas market
- APPOINTMENTS: BEL Valves appoints a new Area Sales Manager for Scotland (Aberdeen)
- Weir Valves & Controls UKExpands sales and marketing team
- Appointment of Chief Executive Officer
- Emerson appoints Stuart Young
- Rotork appoints new Sales Manager for Network Systems
- New Managing Director for Rotork Fluid Systems
- David Dunbar named as European President for Emerson Process Management
- New MD for Hardide Coatings USA