Oil Industry growth for AUMA India
The Naphtha Cracker project is reported as the cornerstone for Indian Oil's entry into petrochemicals and represents a new market for business growth for the corporation.
Located in the Northern Indian state of Haryana, the installation is an excellent illustration of AUMA working in partnership with the customer to supply a comprehensive solution incorporating hard wiring and bus technology backed by master station support.
The installation, which confirms the company’s expertise in supplying the petrochemical industry, required 75 actuators at the Cracker complex - which has a capacity of 800,000 MT/year of ethylene production. All actuators have been supplied with control modules suitable for MODBUS RTU protocol. Additionally, SIMA master stations and hot standby master station with loop technology have been provided. ESD functionality, achieved through hardwired operation, is provided, tailored to meet the customer’s requirements.
The master stations in redundant configuration communicate through MODBUS RTU protocol with Yokogawa DCS CS 3000. Additional features provided are PCs to monitor the actuators’ functions via the SIMA master stations.
AUMA Actuators Ltd, Tel : 01275 871141
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 14
- New director will build on power station success story at Exeeco
- Rotork valve actuators specified for southwest China’s first major refinery
- Attention to Detail and Communication is the Key to Successful Valve Actuation: Peter Everett, CEO of H.S. Pipequipment comments on valve actuation
- BVAA Chairman Bill Whiteley leaves Rotork after twelve years as Chief Executive Officer
- The Importance of Reliable Valve Torque Measurement for Predictive Maintenance
- Rotork IQPro electric valve actuators with the SIL (Safety Integrity Level) option
- Hydraulic actuators for South Atlantic floating production vessel
- Emerson’s Valve Automation Division
- Rotork’s Golden Celebration
- AUMA secures major water project