Truflo Supports Remarkable Young Fundraiser
Harry who has an inoperable brain tumour was compelled to raise awareness and money for Brain Tumour UK following the passing of a friend who Harry met whilst having treatment. Harry came up with the initiative of making beaded bracelets to sell for £1.00. Harry makes all of the bracelets himself and now sells them outside supermarkets at the weekends. So far, Harry has raised over £25,000 for Brain Tumour UK.
On hearing about Harry’s work, Truflo Marine wanted to help. As a business, Truflo Marine abides by a set of values of which one is ‘Social Commitment – Considering the Wider Community;’ this value is illustrated through the sponsorship and support of local charities.
Harry visited Truflo Marine with his Mum Georgina and delivered a fantastic PowerPoint presentation to a large group of Truflo employees providing information about his condition, his inspiration and fund raising initiative. Harry described how he changed the supplier of his bracelet beads, reducing costs so that more money can be donated to Brain Tumour UK.
Truflo Marine’s Managing Director Clayton Manley presented Harry with a £1,000 cheque; Harry then embarked on a site tour to promote and sell his bracelets and his vision to ‘help me help others’
Truflo Marine Ltd. Tel: 0121 327 4789
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 15
- Truflo Marine retain IIP Accreditation
- PPE ExpandsPPE Completes Research, Manufacturing and Training Facilities Expansion
- AUMA become BVAA Members
- AUMA Actuators Ltd: Leading modular actuation technology for over 40 years
- AUMA - British Energy extends actuator agreement
- AUMA achieves second United Utilities award
- Anglian Water adoptspioneering AUMA training programme
- Ron Hague - Valve & Actuator Specialists: A company overview from new BVAA member Ron Hague Ltd
- Rotork successfully defends intellectual property rights in China: Autork guilty of copying and unfair competition
- Russian production of valves and accessories in 2008 -Figures and facts, analytical review