Hardide Coatings Sales Team Strengthened
Gillham joins ex-Praxair UK sales manager Nick King in Hardide’s business development team. King will be responsible for growing the company’s oil and gas, and aerospace sales. Gillham brings 19 years of engineering and technical sales experience. He spent almost ten years as a design engineer with Rover and Land Rover before moving into technical sales with Tomita UK Ltd to supply and support Japanese machine components. He returns to Hardide having previously worked for the company between 2004 and 2008 as Sales Manager.
Graham Hine, chief executive officer of Hardide plc said: “Robin’s technical sales skills together with his understanding of our coatings and applications will be extremely valuable as we focus on growing sales in key markets which include the valve and pump sectors.
“We are already supplying coatings to some of the largest and most progressive valve and pump manufacturers in the UK and US, and are making encouraging progress in trials with a number of others. Robin will help us unlock the potential that exists in these markets as well as look at applications in less developed sectors such as automotive.”
Hardide Coatings has developed a range of tungsten carbide-based precision coatings which offer an unprecedented combination of ultra-hardness, toughness, low friction and chemical resistance when applied to components made from ferrous and nickel-based alloys. They can coat internal surfaces and complex shapes and offer significant technical and environmental advantages over traditional technologies such as hard chrome and HVOF. Independent testing has shown that Hardide wears out 40 times slower than abrasion resistant AR-500 steel, 12 times slower than hard chrome and four times slower than thermal spray tungsten carbide.
The coating is in use by customers around the world in high-wear industries including oil and gas downhole and drilling tools, aerospace, valves, power generation, chemicals and food manufacturing.
Hardide Coatings, Tel: 01869 353830
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 15
- Hardide Coatings Enters Test Programme With Airbus
- Appointment of Chief Executive Officer
- HARDIDE PRESENTS
- “Valves for hydrogen service will have to be reliable, intrinsically safe and ‘idiot proof’.”: New ultra-hard coating reduces valve actuation force
- ISO 14000 & FDA APPROVALS FOR HARDIDE
- A COATING FOR OPTIMUM VALVE PERFORMANCE
- Blackhall uses Armoloy
- Hardide at NACE: Hardide Coatings selected to present at NACE CORROSION 2010
- Hardide Coatings secures approval from Flowserve: A new line of coated metal ball and seats
- Total Carbide joins BVAA and has samples on test with leading valve manufacturers