CRANE - A Company Profile
Crane produces high performance products for the chemical, biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries
Strategically expanding into other parts of the world, the company first entered Europe in 1918 and its first European acquisition happened a year later with the purchase of E. Bennett & Son of London, one of England’s largest distributors of valves and fittings. Through such key acquisitions and partnerships, Crane Co. has been able to grow into the integrated operating company it is today with 10,000 employees working together in five business segments (Aerospace & Electronics, Engineered Materials, Merchandising Systems, Fluid Handling and Controls) across 25 countries.
The Business Segments of Crane Co. At a Glance
Each of the five business segments consist of trusted brands that are highly respective in their own industries:
1. Aerospace & Electronics: Combines the experience of eight industry-leading brands to give manufacturers and airlines one integrated source for sensing, power, braking, electronics and more.
2. Engineered Materials: Made up primarily of Crane Composites, the world’s leading provider of fiberglass reinforced plastic composite materials and Polyflon, a producer of specialty laminates and custom products for telecommunications and microwave markets.
3. Merchandising Systems: Composed of two solution-providing segments (Vending Solutions and Payment Solutions) that produce high quality, technologically advanced automatic merchandising equipment and payment systems.
4. Fluid Handling: A global provider of industrial fluid control solutions for critical applications where engineered solutions are vital.
5. Controls: Provides customer solutions for sensing and control, and has special
The Fluid Handling segment is Crane Co.’s largest business and provides industrial fluid control solutions globally. Its businesses consist of the familiar CRANE ChemPharma Flow Solutions, as well as CRANE Energy Flow Solutions, CRANE Valve Services, CRANE Building Services & Utilities, CRANE Pumps and Systems and CRANE Supply. Through these, Crane’s Fluid Handling business segment touches on the growing oil, gas, power, nuclear, chemical and pharmaceutical markets in a powerful way. Not to mention, Crane valves and fittings have been sought after, not only for industrial purposes, but as attractions at Disneyland’s “Tomorrowland” and onstage of the Broadway show “Never Too Late.”
CRANE ChemPharma Flow Solutions™ brings together such trusted brands as Xomox®, Resistoflex®, Saunders®, Krombach®, REVO®, DEPA® and ELRO, and provides fluid handling solutions for the most demanding, corrosive, erosive and high purity applications within the chemical, biotechnology, and pharmaceutical industries.
Crane Energy Flow Solutions® manufactures and sells valves for commercial and industrial process pipelines in applications across the energy sector including Nuclear, Power Generation, Petroleum Refining, Oil & Gas and Commercial Construction. CRANE Energy’s brand portfolio of highly engineered product solutions include Aloyco®, Center Line, Compac-Noz®, Crane® Gate, Duo-Chek®, Flowseal®, Jenkins®, Krombach®, Noz-Chek®, Pacific®, Stockham, Triangle® and Uni-Check®.
Crane Building Services & Utilities designs, manufactures and sells a range of valves serving the building services, industrial, water and gas markets. Key brands include Crane®, Delta Fluid Products, Hattersley, Helden, Posiflex, Viking Johnson, and Wask.
Crane Pumps and Systems manufactures leading brands [Barnes®, Burks®, Crown®, Deming®, Prosser® and Weinman®] of quality pumps and a wide range of products for the water, wastewater, industrial, residential, commercial, original equipment manufacturers (OEM), and military markets.
Crane Supply is Canada’s foremost wholesale distributor of pipe, valves and fittings to professionals who design, install, and maintain fluid handling systems. Key markets include maintenance, repair and operations (MRO), industrial and commercial mechanical contractors, and OEM.
These diverse businesses of Crane’s Fluid Handling segment provide solutions on a global scale and have become an influential part of the fluid handling industry. By maintaining quality and innovation, while upholding the values outlined by its founder, RT Crane, the five business segments have come together to form this global, strategically linked, integrated operating company of core businesses that work together with shared values and shared discipline to achieve profitable growth.
“I am resolved to conduct my business in the strictest honesty and fairness; to avoid all deception and trickery; to deal fairly with both customers and competitors; to be liberal and just toward employees and to put my whole mind upon the business.” - R.T. Crane, Founder, Crane Co. 1855
Crane ChemPharma Flow Solutions, Tel: 01633 486 666
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 15
- Rotork valve actuators specified for southwest China’s first major refinery
- ASCO NUMATICS Announces Series 298-398: Process Valves for use in Aggressive Processes
- BiS Valves
- ‘VALVE USERS’ - BEWARE IMITATION PRODUCTS!
- Crane announces new market focused organization
- KKI - STATOIL Frame Agreements
- VALVE USERS - BEWARE BOGUS AGENTS!
- ASCO Numatics introduces air operated valves
- Bestobell LNG Supplies First of Five Skaugen Multigas Carriers
- Flowserve NAF-ProCap Valve